Friday, April 13, 2018

December Shenanigans....

We returned from our magical journey to the start of December...which as all of us mommas know, is a crazy month. My crew managed to squeeze in a little school and a little fun in between getting ready for Christmas. I'll just confess up front, this is a random photo dump, ha! There is no order and cohesion to this post, just a few random pics from December. Just go with me here as I catch up :).

In early December the kids and I spent a day at the hospital for testing and imagining with Max. Daniel picked up the kids from the hospital on the way home, but I stayed with Max. Daniel and I were joking about everyone freaking out about a cold front and possible snow coming in...little did we know it would turn out to be true! I ended up driving home that evening in the dark with snow falling...it was crazy and almost unheard of for Austin.
The kids were already in the backyard playing in it...what a fun surprise!
The next morning the sun came out and started to melt the snow, but we still had a beautiful landscape behind our home...
 and Kason was able to get a small snowman in!
 Zoe was enchanted by all the Christmas decorations and begged to sleep under the tree one night. We didn't think she would stay, but she slept really good and woke up with a smile...
 Like I said, we got a little bit of school in...but we did spend a lot of time with free play so momma could get everything ready :). I love these pictures so, so much. It is a reminder that kids lived here in our home...
 really lived here with a beautiful mess and all!
 Our sweet friends had a baby, so one day we snagged up their oldest two and spent a day of fun with them. My two LOVED being helpers...
 Kason, Zoe, and I made a quick trip to Aunt Shaye's and of course we had to make a Buccee's stop AND take a picture, haha! The kids' obsession with this place is comical.
One lazy day, the kids decided to play beauty shop. Kason painted Zoe's nails...
 then Kason had fun war painting my face while Zoe worked her beauty shop skills on my hair, haha!
 Kason went to a really cool homeschool day at a science museum, so that left me with little lady and Maxers. We shopped around a couple small towns...
 enjoyed lunch together, then hit the park for some weeee time.
 Oh these kids...
 they are a glorious mess! Mine and Daniel's 15th anniversary was in December, so we got away for a night together. It was so much fun hitting up the movies...
Christmas shopping, and enjoying dinner on the River Walk in San Antonio...
 I'm not sure I can say enough how much I love this man. He is my perfect match and I am still smitten with him to this day! Before Max was released for Christmas break, the kids and I had fun joining his class for their holiday party. We made snowman bowling and little cups for snowman slime...
Max's teacher is the sweetest and I loved that she included all 3 of my munchkins...
 They made crafts, played snowman bowling (which Max loved!)...
 pinned the heart on Grinch...
 and of course ate a treat. We all love this crew that pours into Max each day!
 One Sunday evening at church the week before Christmas, I had put together a small little Christmas Kids Program followed by milk and cookies. Little lady had a lot of fun baking with me...
 before they got all dolled up for their program!
 They did so good and were precious on stage...
 but I think their favorite part of the night was cookies!!! The few days before Christmas was a little crazy for us. Daniel and I did manage to sneak in a night of looking at Christmas lights for our annual Clayton Crew Express!
 We put on our holiday pj's, they got their special holiday snack with milk, we blared the holiday music, and enjoyed a light show together!
This was the first year that Max actually paid attention and was captivated by the lights. It was fun to watch. Unfortunately our sweet Max came down with the flu :( and was super sick...
 I had to quarantine him to his room for 3 days so he wouldn't infect the whole house...and yes, I tried to make it a little more fun for him by creating a "fort". Let's just say an insane amount of laundry and cloroxing happened during these days. Fortunately the other two didn't catch it and only us adults had a mild case of sickness to follow.
During those few days, the kids and I finished all our wrapping and packing to head to Nana and Pop's house for Christmas. My favorite part of wrapping was this sweet gift Zoe gave Daniel. She was not interested in buying him anything, she just wanted to gift him a night with her...how precious!
On Christmas Eve, we were supposed to enjoy a dinner at Maggiano's followed by the service at Westover, but Max was still contagious so we had to cancel. Thankfully, Max started to feel better... 
 and we let him out of his room. He did get fatigued really quick still, but he was actually smiling and started to act like himself more. Therefore we decided to do an impromptu change of plans and head to see family a day early. This girl tried to keep me company while I frantically packed, haha!
 She is all about the pictures these days, so I had to oblige :). We ended up having a super fun Christmas, but sadly infected everyone but Pops when we went to visit. Next time we know not to rush a sick kid, even if he has an adorable smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment