Wednesday, January 31, 2018

November Homeschool Update...

Kason and Zoe have been killing it in school! I also can't gush enough over how much we love homeschool. I feel like our whole family is thriving with this arrangement. We did school most of November, but we did take a break for a couple days at Thanksgiving and for our big trip the week after. Zoe is in the middle of Pre-K and Kinder. I'm trying not to advance her too far so Kinder isn't boring for her next year, but she is blowing through all her pre-K skills. Kason is working so hard each day and doing really well with his classes as well. He is doing a combo of 3rd and 4th grade work. I've been pleased with his growth so far this year and can't wait to see where he is at by May! As I've shared previously, I try to include as much hands on as possible. We do have worksheets to complete because there are times when they are appropriate and needed, but the kids love when I have more active activities. Since I like to document everything, here are pictures that are small snapshots of our days.
I like getting the kids out as much as possible. Of course with a tight homeschool budget, I have to get creative and do a lot of research. One of our fav hot spots is the Austin Nature and Science Center. They have day camps the kids go to on occasion..they have done archery, rock climbing, repelling, caves...isn't that cool? They also do homeschool classes one time a month there which are educational and crazy fun. I have to say I never thought I would be a all-in homeschool momma, but I so am. It has been a really good fit for our family and I'm so excited we have this year to spend together playing and learning!

No comments:

Post a Comment