Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Falling More in Love...

Sometimes I can't imagine loving my little family more than I already do, but somehow the longer I'm with them, the deeper it goes. I reflect everyday on the blessings of my hubs & three rascals...I'm beyond appreciative of how good the Lord is to us. This past fall {oh yes people, remember I'm catching up here} was a fun one for the books. We had a major trip {I'll share later}, but also a lot of little fun around our neck of the woods. Of course, if you have followed me for very long, then you know my most precious moments usually happen within the walls of our home...
 like an animated daddy who reads his daughter the same fairy tale over and over without complaining...*sigh* so precious! The same dad also taught little miss how to ride her bike without training wheels...
Woohoo! She learned on the first try :). I'm talking going down hills and over bumps within the first day. Daniel has been able to preach more since we transitioned to our south campus. On Sundays when he fills in up north, we love that we can watch him live. Technology is pretty amazing. The kids think it's the best thing ever. We sing along to the worship and listen to Daniel while they play.
 It always amazes me how calm Max gets when Daniel preaches. He lays right by the computer when it's streaming live or he likes to sit at his feet while Daniel preaches.
 In case you can't tell, I simply adore this man.
Dad also surprised us with a chimenea one night! It has been loads of fun especially when our neighborhood friends stop by for smores.
And let's just say our neighbor friends are over ALL the time!
I had always hoped that our house would be the meet up spot and we would have kids over constantly hanging out and staying for dinner. I never dreamt it would happen so early! We usually have a friend over for dinner at least a couple times each week. It's been so much fun! While Kason and Zoe have been thriving in homeschool {update coming soon}, Max is also doing really well. He is rockin' school and we adore his teachers. He did have a few sick spells and seizures this fall which is always heartbreaking to experience, but I do love the extra cuddles that come from it.
 I even got sick with him one day and we stayed on my bed all day to watch Hallmark movies...it was kinda glorious :). I think the quirkiest update on Max is that he loves to hide under things to go to sleep, haha! I finally had to tie back the curtains so he wouldn't pull down the rod, but then he improvised and now goes to sleep under the sheet....little stinker!
 Little lady is still a fun mix of tom boy and girly, girl. She loves to play hard, wrestle, and get dirty with the rest of them...
 but she also loves her some bling, ha! I needed to go shoe shopping so she came along and cracked me up all day. The higher the heel and the more sparkle, the better in her book. She wasn't understanding my obsession with flats.
 Sometimes I can't even with this girl!
 Between her fashion and her poses, she constantly keeps a smile on my face. As for Kason, I wish I had more pictures of him to share for this post. He is really falling into the oldest sibling role. He adores helping in any capacity that we let him and is enjoying the responsibility.
He loves his family fiercely and will do anything to help them out. Kason is a good hearted kid {albeit a little rowdy}, but so good. He loves to go watch Doc referee football each year, so I was glad we could make a weekend trip again.
 Our little tribe also enjoyed our weekends here in Austin. On Fridays, Daniel and I usually do something with Kason and Zoe while Max is at school. One of our favorite outings was walking the trails around the river downtown.
 My mom came to hang out one weekend and let Daniel and I go on a day date...which was beyond awesome! A huge thank you to Mimi. While she was here, we went to the Blue Santa parade and had loads of fun.
 I was surprised by how much Max loved the parade. It shouldn't have with all the music, but it was enjoyable to see him so thrilled.
 Later that day, we took Mimi to see the infamous Mozart's Christmas light show...
We sure love this city and we loved being able to share some of it with her. So yeah, the fall of 2017 was a good one. We had many memorable moments as a family leading up to the craziness of the holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment