Friday, April 14, 2017

Home Away From Home...

Why yes, we have become camping junkies! These Clayton Cuties of mine are always begging to load up our PUP and head out of town for a camping adventure. For spring break we did just that, but met up with the rest of the Clayton family. A week full of cousins, aunt/uncle, and grandparents...oh my! We camped in the small town of Perrin, TX at a super fun campground full of activities for the littles. The cool thing is, we have a pop-up, Nana & Pops have a travel trailer, and the cousins have a RV...so we were able to park in a "U" shape with a place to chill and eat together in between us. I must confess that I felt a little guilty because I spent a lot of time doing this...
 while the kids ran around playing and making new friends. Max pretty much hung out with my the whole time. He LOVES camping because he gets to be outdoors the entire day. We have a large mat we set up and he enjoys playing with his toys right next to me :).
The guys played a lot of golf during the day...
There was plenty of downtime for them too...
 Once everyone was finally at the park together, we took the kids to play putt-putt one morning...
 but all they were interested in was playing!
 I'm sad to look through my pictures and realize I didn't get a single one in the volleyball sandpit where Thane and Zoe spent most of their time. They were covered in sand each day as in I couldn't get all of it out of her hair, haha! On St. Patty's day I was trying to keep her out of it so I could take a picture of everyone matching and when we were finished she asked me if she could finally get dirty now :)...lover her! The kids also rode bikes...
especially Kason. He thought it was so cool to even ride at night with the big kids. It's fun to be able to give him a little more independence at these campgrounds because they are safe and confined. One day the guys tried to go fishing, but it was so windy we ended up just skipping rocks...
One day it warmed up in the afternoon for the kids to splash around and play with bubbles!
 These two cuties were best buddies all week :).
Max was just a little excited about the water, ha! Every evening we celebrated someone's birthday...
 My top three from the week were: 
1. Getting to snuggle with this adorable 3 week old...
Kason and I couldn't get enough of sweet Larkin!
2. Getting to relax and have down time while watching these cousins become the best of friends...
3. Dance party night!
It would probably be a huge understatement for me to say that the Clayton Crew had a fun week. It was an absolute blast spending time with family!
Friday was St. Patty's Day, so I even had matching shirts for all the kids...
I had leprechaun bait to snack on...
the kids and I hung clover lights and cling-ons to the side of the camper...
we made sure no one was getting pinched that day!
 To top the week off, we were able to celebrate Nana & Pop's anniversary! So thankful for these two passing on a legacy of love and the blessing of spending a week with family in the relaxing camping atmosphere. Looking forward to our next adventure together!

No comments:

Post a Comment