Saturday, January 21, 2017

Breaking in the New Year...

The Clayton Crew is breaking in the New Year and loving the slow pace after the holiday coma! We have spent loads of time playing with all our new gadgets, especially Kason's WiiU...
 Mom and Dad have even enjoyed a little late night competition after the littles are in bed...hehe! It has been unseasonably warm lately, so we have booting these kids outside...
 for Popsicles, soccer, and bikes! The weather has also brought us spring showers a little early with loads of rain. The kids have been keeping themselves entertained after school with art projects :)...
Kason received some cool astronaut/space goodies for Christmas so he has really been into us reading together at night learning all he can. He especially loved trying the space food even though he thought it was disgusting :)...
One bonus about being a minister's kid, is that when you need to let your wiggles out and it's pouring outside, you can always go crazy at the church building! These kids loving going up to the building during non-worship/class hours because they have freedom to run loose...
 I believe these rascals had more fun playing hide and go seek in auditorium more than running around spooky dark hallways and riding the spooner board downstairs!
Here's a fun fact for you...this momma can still fit underneath a pew for hiding, haha! As any minister's kid will tell you, we spend loads of time at the building. What I love most, is that it never deters these sweeties from worship.
 They love coming to big worship with us...
 I enjoy seeing their hearts for wanting to give each week during communion and I especially love to see the way Max rocks out to worship!
Kason was sad to report back to school after Christmas break. He really loved spending time together as a family....but, he is working so hard this year at school and we are really proud! He is already at a 3.1-3.4 reading level right now and we just started the second semester of 2nd grade. School is hard work for him (especially homework), but what I love about his little brain is that he is...
He always has new inventions and plans to create something new! Max still loves school and I just adore his teacher. He has learned crazy amounts already this school year. Max also had his yearly MRI and neurosurgeon visit which we always celebrate him having a clear bill!
He has struggled with seizures a lot this year which has been sad. He has missed a few days of school because of them. Max's seizures are brought on by stress and unfortunately as much as we love his teacher, the environment being a life skills setting lends itself to more stressful situations. 
What's new and exciting with Max is that I started working with him to pick out his own clothes and it turns out he is opinionated! He isn't too picky about pants, but he likes to sift through his shirts until he finds just the right one. Here is his first match... 
He gets so proud of himself, it's adorable! Couple other fun new facts about Max...
 he lost his first tooth! Friday morning we were sitting on the couch together and I was just talking away to him while he bounced and laughed. While giggling I noticed a suspicious new hole! What else is new???
Max got himself a new set of wheels!!! He loves being able to use his left hand to push (although he just goes in circles because his right hand isn't strong enough to help) and he loves to put on his brakes...even while momma is pushing him sometimes, that stinker! This momma loves the new wheelchair because it weighs half the weight of the last one and I'm no longer breaking my back to get it in the swagger wagon. As for little lady, well she is still my rand hand gal!
We get to spend loads of time together and I'm soaking up as much as I can. I know it won't be long until I'll be dropping her off for school all day. Since we do spend our days together, I am at the phase in life where my phone is loaded with her sweet face. Zoe hasn't favored cooking as much as Kason, but lately she has been showing a lot more interest which is getting me excited because I grew up baking with my mom...I can't wait to pass on that tradition!
A few things I'm loving right now is Zoe's sense of style...boy, does she have one!
She's kind of a mix between Punky Brewster and Fancy Nancy...I absolutely love it! She digs any type of dress, loves tutus and tall socks, sparkle shoes, boots, necklaces, bows, and any kind of accessory! Zoe has really enjoyed having a doll so she can also doll her up too :)...
Zoe is also the sneakiest little thing ever! She is super quiet and when you can't see or hear her, then you know she is getting into something...
trying to bite into food, I find sucker wrappers hidden places, flooding sinks with with bubble water...
 getting into all her brother's "no girls allowed" toys like legos, I have found a counter smeared with half a bottle of lotion, her hair has suspiciously smelled like it was bathed in my perfume, I found colored drawings on her wall in her closet, she puts her babies to nap in all of our laundry baskets, she pretty much just likes to make as big of a mess as possible because it makes her happy :).
 Even in her antics, she is totally worth her weight in gold! While being part girly girl, she also has a streak of tomboy. Don't let her sweet face fool you, this girl can lay you out flat with the best of them...
 or be slammed to the ground by her brother causing her to have a fit of giggles.
I seem to forget each year how refreshing January is for us. After months of holidays, we finally have a break to chill again. One of our favorites right now is hanging out in our playroom...
 especially in our undies, hehe! These boys think it's hilarious...
 I could sit and watch these brothers play all day long. They have such a precious relationship. I love that even though Max has special needs and cognitive delays, he is still ALL BOY. He thinks tooting is the most hilarious thing ever, he loves to wrestle and hit, he believes that life is better when we are naked or in undies, he enjoys zooming cars around the room and ramming them into things (or people), and he apparently likes to work on his ninja skills...
 I know I'm biased about my little tribe...
 but I kinda believe I have the best people in the world that I get to do life with. My crew is so full of life and fun that sometimes I just have to pinch myself. As we continue to find our groove in the new year, here's to hoping you also enjoy a year filled with a zest for life!

No comments:

Post a Comment