Sunday, December 4, 2016

Happy Turkey Day!

I love, love this time of year...because of holidays!!! We started our Thanksgiving off by celebrating with Zoe at her school luncheon...


 Daniel and I started an annual Friendsgiving that we like to host, so this year we chose to share in our thankfulness with our young pro group. Daniel smoked a turkey and ham, I baked some pies & decorated, and we did a potluck with our sides. 
It was a fun way to kick off this blessing of a week! After these celebrations, we went camping together (see previous blog), followed by a few days with the Clayton family at a beach house in Surfside...
The trip was relaxing for us adults and loads of excitement for our little turkeys! We spent time hanging out...
 on the back patio over looking the ocean...
 We also spent most of our days playing with the kids on the beach...
 Hmmm...I'm not quite sure if Max had any fun ;)!
From long walks on the beach, to making sand castles, splashing in waves, to flying kites...
 we all had a blast. One of my favorite parts of the holidays is my little turkeys getting to play with cousins. They not only love seeing Thane, but also Ava and Ella.
Daniel's cousins had babies within the last year who we got to meet for the first time. Unfortunately, I put my camera down most of the time and enjoyed visiting, so I didn't get very many pictures. I did snag one of these three cuties together...
 I can't wait to watch them grow up as friends! One of Daniel's cousins, Emily, got engaged while we were there!
Nana had all sorts of exciting activities for us after dinner. It has been our family tradition to do a piñata on Thanksgiving (we started it when Kason was 2). I can't remember where I got the idea, but I do know DB's family does piñata a lot at family gatherings....so maybe we merged.
 I think Aunt Gammy had the most fun this go round...
 Nana also had saran wrap balls for us to unravel after too...which was seriously awesome!
What a joy spending holidays relaxing and loving on my little turkeys and family!

No comments:

Post a Comment