Sunday, October 23, 2016

Happiness is Homemade...

Oh these munchkins of mine...they fill our home with an abundance of happiness! There are so many days where I feel like I'm doing this parenting gig all wrong, but God seems to share with me so many more moments where he whispers to relax, these kids are so, so good.
And they are! Daniel and I couldn't be more blessed with incredible kids who are unique in their own ways and add so much joy to our family. I haven't been able to get enough of our little firecracker lately...
 There is just something about this four year old stage that captures my heart! I remember thinking the same thing about Kason at this age. It's like you just come out of the hard stage of years 2-3 where they are trying to establish independence, find their words to communicate, and they have tons of meltdowns.
But year four, it's just so much fun! Zoe's personality is shining, she is starting to use the most hilarious phrases, she is just as sweet as can be, and we are having real conversations...this little lady of mine is just a doll! The other day in the car we had a conversation about her wanting to be a babysitter and then a mommy when she gets older. I asked her if she wanted to be just a mommy or a be a mommy and have a job. Zoe thought about it for awhile and said she wanted to be a mommy and have a job...that she wanted to teach babies like Max how to walk. She wants to help them learn how to walk using a trainer (referring to Max's gait trainer). So I said, do you mean a therapist like Max sees each week? Zoe had a huge smile and said, yes! That's it! Love, love her heart for her brother and how she wants to help him. I'm also loving how she styles herself...hehe! You will usually see her in some sort of dress or skirt, tall socks, and sparkle shoes. But lately, she has been digging her boots and tutus!
I will say that there are still moments where Zoe drives me insane...but in the best way! Anytime we are home, she just wants to play, play, play. She is still really big into her babies and stuffed animals, but lately she has started to think its fun to pile up all her toys in one place...SERIOUSLY people! I keep finding hoarded piles in the play room, in her closet, between the bed and her wall, everywhere she can sneak them...haha! It drives me crazy, but I just love her desire to be home pretend playing using her imagination.
One Friday afternoon, Daniel decided to get the boys for me so I could have a mommy/daughter date with Zoe so we enjoyed our first mani/pedi together!
 Anyone who knows this girl, knows she is all about her glitz and glamour! She loves painted nails. In fact, we were only getting pedi's until she somehow talked me into getting her nails painted too :).
 Zoe is also at a hilarious age with her friends! Her and her bestie, Grace, crack me up whenever they are together. They are both little balls of silly energy!
My brown eye girl has been really into cheering lately. I've been teaching her a few moves and cheers from back in my day. Who knew I would have so much fun with a girl?!
Of course Kason has to bust out his football pose and moves while we cheer...




 ha! Man I love this kid. Kason is doing awesome in school this year. His grades have come up and he actually gets upset if he misses any school. He is a little sponge just soaking everything up. We were so proud of him because he got the Citizenship award for September. Oh friends, this is HUGE for him! Honestly, I wasn't sure he would ever get a citizenship award because he gets reminders ALL.THE.TIME. So I had a pretty proud momma moment and got all teary eyed to know that his teachers see the good hearted kid he is even though he acts like a little boy and doesn't always make the best choices. At home we see the rambunctious Kason every day, but we also see the big hearted compassionate Kason who will do anything to help his brother and sister.
 Both Zoe and Max look up to Kason so much and cherish their friendships with him. These brothers share a very special bond...
 one teaches how to love without words, while the other teaches that you are perfect just the way you are. Sometimes siblings are the best teachers. 
Sometimes siblings make the best wrestling buddies too! As for Max, well he is also rocking school. He LOVES going to school and going to his weekly therapy. I think the only thing he isn't loving right now is homework...
I wish I had more pictures of the boys, but we are in that stage of life where I don't spend as much time with them anymore since they are in school full time. Oh well! I cherish the times when I do have them. We've been a little busier this fall than I would like. I guess I'm surprised by how busy I am in my days with the boys being in school, but for the first time each kid is participating in an extra curricular. Zoe is doing gymnastics, Kason is doing cyclocross, and Max, well he has three therapies a week. But, we have been able to squeeze in a little family fun by going to watch Doc do his favorite thing refereeing football...
Kason loves getting to go on the field and seeing the football players up close. We even had a special visit from Nana one weekend...
One Sunday afternoon Austin had their yearly Kayak Demo Days, so you know this tribe of mine just had to go...
 Kason was in his element getting to try out a variety of kayaks, some with Daniel and some by himself.
 Zoe wasn't at all interested in getting on the water, but she did her favorite thing...
run around, climb, and jump off rocks :)! Daniel and I have even had a little fun playing in co-ed slow pith softball league with the young marrieds at church.
Unfortunately only my mind is in young married shape, ha! Our kids of course thought this was the best thing ever. They played in the dirt the entire time Daniel and I played. 
One night we had a late game and Daniel stayed back with the kids, so as I head to my swagger wagon at 10:30 I realize I have the only mini-van at the park. As I looked around, I realized I am either a really cool mom or a really big dork! Oh well, we had a great time playing softball together!
Somedays I just want to bottle up this homemade happiness to make sure it lasts forever! These are the days and I'm making sure to stop among the busy and chaos to soak up the laughter and joy these rascals bring to life.

No comments:

Post a Comment