Monday, August 22, 2016

Second Grade Here We Come...

There is no denying that our not so "little" man was itching to get back into the school groove! Ever since we switched him to BCS, Kason is all about school. He asked several times over the summer if it was almost time for school to start again :). I can't even begin to share how much that makes my heart happy! I love, love that he not only wants to go see friends, but that he enjoys learning and being challenged. It also doesn't hurt to have recess, lunch with buddies, and PE everyday...score! On Wednesday, we had meet the teacher and supply drop off.
Kason's second grade teacher is Mrs. Patterson and we've heard great things, so this momma is happy with the match. To be honest, I wasn't sure if little lady was going to let this fella go. She had to scope out the environment to give approval first.
One proud 2nd grader right here...
After a half way decent night of sleep (due to excitement), the whole gang got up to celebrate the year with our annual back to school breakfast...
 before loading up and commuting into Austin to drop Kason off for his big day.
Kason's pretty much a pro these days...
 He dropped his backpack off and walked on in, confident as ever...which is HUGE for this guy! It took me awhile to coax sister away, but I finally had her give one more hug to big bro for the day.
Thankfully Zoe has become more of a pro and isn't crying all day like she did when Kason went to Kinder. We had a few sad moments in the morning, but I was able to distract her. Before we knew it, time had arrived for us to pick Kason up and share our back to school brownies...
 while hearing all about his first day. I think one of the highlights of this day for me was listening to him talk on the phone to his grandparents telling them all sorts of details about his day with so much enthusiasm! I must say that this momma heart feels more like a pro too since this is our third year in school. While I will miss this kind hearted, rambunctious, talkative guy...I can hardly wait to see him rock 2nd grade this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment