Friday, June 3, 2016

Memorial Weekend...

Memorial Weekend is always welcomed at the Clayton Casa because it means a three day weekend...woohoo! We stayed home since I work weekend nights from home, but the guys did load up for a father/son adventure with some friends on Sunday for an overnight trip!
 The campout at Westover was canceled twice due to rain, so Cliff (another minister at church) and Daniel made a quick get away to Nana and Pop's house. These boys...
Aidan, Noah, and Kason camped out (in the living room due to the rain), went fishing, tubing, gun shooting, made smores by the fire pit, and saw the biggest knife in Texas :)...
They all shared in a little slice of boy heaven! Thanks Nana and Pops for hosting our rough and tumble boys! Thank you Cliff and Daniel for being incredible dads who nurture the wild at heart spirit of our boys!

While the boys went away, us ladies stayed and played...well + Maxey :). Those of us who stayed home were gloriously lazy by staying in our comfy clothes, water color painting {where I was reprimanded for painting too slow...ha!}, painted our piggies, snuggled, watched movies, baked cookies, and just soaked up each other's company.
{Yes! I did let Zoe play beauty shop on me and paint my nails too!}
I know I say this all the time, but seriously...these are the days! I just adore my life and my family. Sometimes I have to pinch myself to make sure this is real...that God has blessed me this richly. So thankful for three day weekends that we can share in the joy of one another a little bit longer!

No comments:

Post a Comment