Monday, June 13, 2016

Bring on the Summer...

If you have been following my blog for some time, then you have learned two things about me. One being that I absolutely adore my little family...as in head over hills in love with them, and two being that I love my life as a stay at home mom. I've enjoyed the school years because it's a pleasure to watch your child grow, meet new friends, have new experiences...but nothing beats when the kids are out of school for a break, especially summer...woohoo! So as we brought spring to a close and I look over these photos with fondness, I get all wiggly in anticipation knowing we are about to have several days of family summer bliss!
So in my mommy blogging fashion, let's break it down to see how each of my little rascals roll. Let's start with Mr. Max...aka the streaker...
Let's just say this fella learned how to undress himself completely and is loving the fresh open breeze. I am talking every.single.time he is in bed, we will walk into something along these lines...
 Oh, what is that on the floor you ask? None other than a diaper completely shattered thanks to Max beating it against his bed...it looked like Elsa took a snowy visit during quiet time. Hmmm, let's see...what else is this tooter up to?
That's right...he found the joy of the toilet paper roll...haha! Max may be 5, but he seems to be hovering around the 18-24 month stage right now. You know the one, where they get into EVERYTHING! Something that makes me chuckle about Max is his love of music...especially T. Swift, Luke Bryan, and Justin Timberlake. But the other day, Daniel and I thought it would be fun to bust a 90's dance party out for him...
This kid freaked out when he heard Ice Ice Baby and Gangsta's Paradise...haha...it was awesome! I will give Max props because for the first time, he is starting to be more chill with us...
which has been a lot of fun. Even if we toss him in bed with us on a Saturday morning, he enjoys snuggling up next to us actually laying down...a first! A new experience we have been working with on Max is walking at worship on Sundays. Oh man, does this kid light up when we are there! I've been putting on his braces in the car, and he will walk from the car all over the building (to class and worship independently)...we have even been leaving his wheelchair in the car.
You can just see him radiating joy with how proud he is of himself...it's adorable to see {I didn't get the most accurate picture above}. Even though Max is in a "handful" kind of stage, I think we will still keep him :).
 He continually fills our home with an abundance of smiles and laughter! Now lets move on to little sister...
Let's just say that this gal is starry eyed over her big brother...he has hung the moon! She constantly talks about wanting to marry him, so the other day he obliged her...
 She was all dressed up in her "fancy" princess fashion, so he danced with her...
twirled her around, dipping her and all!
 *Swoon* Too, too precious. My brown eyed girl here definitely keeps me on my toes, but I love my days with her.
She is spunky...
(look at that hair!!!) and full of life. Zoe is constantly climbing on everything, to the top of baseball back stops, refrigerator doors, hand rails on staircases, people, everything. Just like Max, she also loves to shake her groove thang...
I often turn on YouTube with different music videos for us to have dance parties. You will always find her with one hand on her hip, one hand in the air, while shaking her hips...ha! Other loves of hers is beauty shop. I mean it's so important to makes sure she's a foxy lady...
You will also find Zoe playing with her babies, but sometimes I do get concerned with where she decides to lay them down for naps. I mean, hmmm...
was her baby cold?!? I've been letting little lady make more of her meals rather than me just serving her since she seems to be a foodie...
She continually amazes me because all she wants is fruits and veggies. Zoe is obsessed with all things healthy, except for her admiration for gummies (gummy bears) & gum :)...these are her downfall...ha! One habit Zoe has started is falling asleep while reading...
 This gal loves her some books and night lights! {That is actually an old kindle that doesn't work any more. She is big into pretend play right now, so she likes to read just like her momma does :)}. Now, on to my last fella, Kason.
 This kid is a climbing fool!
 Kason is very active, has been from the beginning. His first choice is always to be outside, playing sports, climbing trees, building something out of sticks, working on construction projects with his dad...
Sometimes in the spring it's harder to fit outside fun in due to all the rain, so we have to get creative after school. These kids have done Cosmic Yoga, Zumba, squats/lunges, etc...
On nice days, we like to take family walks/bike rides since cycling is his thing...
 Kason received some cool bike bling for his birthday, so he has had fun fixing it up...
 Since little lady has all of his hand me downs, we even did a glamour makeover for her with streamers, a basket, and hello kitty bell!
 Kason also love, loves to cook! We have been baking together since he was 2 and he hasn't grown out of it yet. Two of his favorites are breaking eggs...
 and enjoying a cookie shot while his treats are baking :)!
 This kid is all about inventions! He is constantly rambling on about how to make different things or projects he can try out. One day he taped up a broken nerf sword he had in order to make a marble race track...
 He lives a lot in his head playing around with his imagination since he's a thinker. Even at night, he constructs forts out of pillows before finally crashing...
 Man I love this kid! He is bright and I love to watch the way his mind ticks. He is outdoorsy and I enjoy watching him in his element. He is also incredibly caring and I adore the way he takes care of his siblings...
 Can't you just see why I love my breaks with these kids?!? I mean, the more the merrier in my opinion. They are rambunctious, inquisitive, and loads of wiggly giggles which make weekends and days off of school a blast! Another highlight of the summer is family fun days on Friday with dad sine he doesn't work on those days. We already had our first sampling one Sunday afternoon when we went hiking near our home...
Where we live is gorgeous and we already have a few bucket list rivers and trails we plan on hitting up.
Oh, my loves! I'm beaming to know I have you all to myself the next couple months. Bring on kool aid mustaches and sticky popsicle hands...bring on lazy days around the house watching movies, reading books, building forts, playing with our own toys...bring on summer vacation...bring on family fun days...bring on the summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment