Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Love is in the Air Mommy School...

My little valentine had a super special couple of weeks as love filled the air during our mommy school time! We are still working on the spelling of our name which she can tell you, but can't always pick out the exact letters. The bonus for this activity was her fine motor practice of lining up the those yummy hearts...
Little lady has her "ABC" song down really well (trust me, she belts it at the top of her lungs while we drive down the road...hehe), but we are still working on letter recognition. Therefore, we had a couple activities for her to practice matching her letters...
 Let's just say this girl rocked at matching letters and words!
 I had four cards with valentine related words along with a picture. We worked together to figure out what the word was using the picture clues, then we named each letter before she had to pick out the correlating clothespin...
As I have mentioned before, I'm covering fine motor skills and pre-requisite school skills a lot with Zoe. I've realized now after sending Kason to school that it was an area I should have worked stronger on for various reasons. Anyway, I had Zoe practice gluing down hearts. Glue is difficult to control (because it is so much fun to squeeze globs out!), but she did really well...
As you can see, she was pretty proud of herself...
I mean, glue and scissors are loads of fun for a 3 year old!
Can't you just see the pure excitement of her accomplishments...
Of course we always get in the kitchen at least once during a mommy school theme, so this time was no different. We made peanut butter cookies for the kids' teachers...
I think she is torn between pouring the ingredients in the bowl and licking the mixer paddle as to which one is her favorite part of baking :). Zoe also loves magnets, so she had fun playing around with an old cookie sheet...
My favorite activity this unit was her sensory bin...
I filled it with scented water beads that were gorgeously fragrant and super squishy along with some hard red hearts...
 This sensory bin has been played with several times because she couldn't get enough of the fun!
 Kason even loved exploring the water beads when he was home. Unfortunately, life has been a little crazy so I wasn't really able to do any love activities with Kason. We did sneak one in called dancing hearts...
 Basically, you put alkaseltzer in a cup with water, then drop those little candy conversation hearts in...
 and they dance around! It was fun to watch them bounce, spin, and "dance" in the water. Oh how I adore this cupid cutie!
This little valentine is sugar and spice as we share our days exploring and learning together!

No comments:

Post a Comment