Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Be My Valentine...

The big red heart day isn't hugely celebrated in our home, but our family embraces all holidays and can't resist showing a little love to our sweethearts. Valentine's Day fell on a Sunday which is a busy day for us. I was able to sneak in a quick breakfast early that morning before we headed out to church...
 Our family eats homemade cast iron biscuits each weekend, so I made heart shaped ones for breakfast along with dipped strawberries. Daniel and I don't do gifts for anyone, but the grandparents of course spoiled our loves!
 Thanks to Mimi and Doc for new sunglasses and a special yummy treat from Buccee's (one of the kids' favorite places...haha!). Then Nana and Props sent the kids dollar bills, oh my! 
 All three kids have valentine holders on their chairs and I add their cards each year to them, but still keep the old cards. So the kids LOVE to look through and re-read each card every year.
 Like I said, Sundays (especially the mornings) are super busy, so I had the older boys head to church while I cleaned up everything and came a few minutes later with the littles. Therefore, I wasn't able to get a picture of all three of my loves, just these two cuties...
 Each year I handmake the kid's valentines for their friends. Our goal is for them to be adorable and as cheap as possible! This year, we picked up a $1 bag of pixy stix from the dollar tree. Using old paper and hearts we had on hand, we made cupid's arrows for Zoe's "people" as she calls them...
For Kason, since we are in a serious Star Wars mode...
 we couldn't resist the pinterest inspired light saber fun! One of my favorites from school is getting these pages where Zoe answered a few questions from her teacher...
 Gum is Zoe's newest fascination (she just tried it for the first time two weeks ago), baby dolls is definitely her favorite right now to play with, and really loves her brother Kason is spot on...she adores him!
These Clayton cuties are wishing you and yours a Happy Heart Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment