Sunday, December 27, 2015

Max's School Christmas Extravaganza...

Max's weekly schedule usually keeps me the busiest due to his therapy appointments, doctor appointments, and part time pre-school. Thankfully, his week was pretty mild allowing me to put more time in at Kason and Zoe's school as you have read about so far. What did make my heart drop was that I couldn't make his school party. I know I'm not always going to make it to every single event since I have three kids I'm juggling, but his teacher didn't invite us to any activities last year...then, she invites us this year and I can't go...boo! Thankfully, Nana and Aunt Michelle went in my place before they left town :).
 Thane even got to participate in all the activities because Max's teacher is seriously awesome that way.
 They had a snowmen activity and a wreath craft...
followed by a Christmas dance party!
 Right up these 3 and 4 year olds ally! I think the worst part of the day for me was when I went to pick him up from school and he cried when he heard and saw me (which he does on occasion when he has been overwhelmed or overstimulated that day at school). His teacher said he was sad for most of the day and on the verge of tears every few minutes. I'm still learning about what all Max understands, but we both seemed to think that he was really sad and aware that I wasn't there that day. I know! My heart dropped even more! The best part of the day, was that I was able to pick up all three kids by 12:30 and we were able to spend the entire rest of the day together relaxing and playing at home. As our week long Christmas Extravaganza came to a close, we were all beginning to brim with even more excitement knowing Christmas day was just around the corner!

No comments:

Post a Comment