Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Mark & Kelly's Wedding Weekend...

This past weekend, we traveled to Temple for the wedding of Daniel's cousin, Mark and his bride Kelly.

Dianna and I went up a day early to decorate for the rehearsal dinner at this local dive called the Oscar Store. Daniel's Aunt Debra of course hosted the meal for everyone, Dianna and I were just in charge of frilling the place up a bit :). Since the location had a rustic feel, we chose to go a vintage route with a touch of the bride's wedding color coral. The invitations I designed were made even more gorgeous thanks to Dianna who hand tea stained doilies and wrapped each one with twine...
Dianna and I had loads of fun conversing over the last few months making our plans, but even more fun executing everything!
There was so much rustic charm already, so we just added touches of burlap, lace, twine, and antique doilies to spruce up the tables. Along with packing up most of my house :), I made several pieces to incorporate on the tables including these super fun door knob picture holders.
One of my favorites were these "His and Her Cards" that we placed at each table setting that shared quirky tidbits about the soon to be Mr. & Mrs...
Each card was different and went with a fun picture of the bride and groom! 
 Of course we couldn't decorate without leaving a special seating arrangement for the bridal party...
 I know I could bore you with so many more pictures and details, but I promise to get to the real pictures of actual people :). Like one of my hunky hubby and his amazing momma...
 and my favorite little rascals...
 I must confess that I also loved this venue because it was wide open for our munchkins to run around and play...
 while the adults could relax with friends and family... 
Since the Clayton clan was all together, I couldn't help snapping a few family pictures...
 The entire weekend was fun catching up with Daniel's family. So much so, that I barely took any pictures the rest of the weekend! Since the wedding wasn't until Saturday evening, Dianna and I took all the kids to see the new movie Inside Out (which was incredible by the way!)...
 The cousins also enjoyed swimming in the hotel pool before cleaning up. The wedding was beautiful with the reception being even more fabulous. Again, the venue was at such a great location the kids were able to run around outside before the meal...
 and before all the boogying started! All three kids danced their little hearts away all night...
 My three favorite moments of the night were watching Kason be an one awesome big brother by twirling his pesky little sister all over that dance floor along with his serious break dance moves on the floor...haha...I wish I had a picture for blackmail later! The other precious moment, was watching this guy shake his groove thing in his chair...
 Max love, LOVES music and rocked out all night along to the beat...just precious! This momma may have even shook her groove thing with her littles along with two stepping with the hubs. This whole weekend was a great time and I'm so glad we got to celebrate with the entire Stephens family as they welcomed a new daughter and sister! Congrats Mark and Kelly!

1 comment:

  1. Of course y'all did a fabulous job decorating, but that doesn't surprise me. And I loved the videos of the kids dancing!

    ReplyDelete