Monday, November 4, 2013

Happy Halloween to all...

and to all a Fright Night! Since our favorite holiday is Christmas, I had the idea of decking the Halloween halls with a little Christmas spirit. When I shared the idea with Kason, he was beyond pumped...I mean what little kid doesn't want to play Santa?!?
So, our line-up this year contained a feisty little lady snowman (who had the cutest leggings to pull the outfit together, but had too big of a tutu to see it)...
 the ever so popular, Santa Clause...
and his trusty side kick, an elf (who actually stayed home with his nurse since he is homebound still)...
 Of course, Santa can't go trick-or-treating without any reindeer to show him the way...
Kason was so tickled to play Santa...I mean we had to watch a few Christmas movies during October to help him get prepared for his role. He would practice his "HoHoHo's" and even talked about making a naughty & nice list at one point :). Oh yes, he took his Santa job very serious!
 I think my favorite part of the day was at Superkids when he was participating in the carnival, one of the parents came up to him all excited to tell him what she wanted for Christmas. She even asked if she could sit on his lap. Kason pulled his hat off, grinning from ear to ear, and said, "Hey, I'm just Kason...I'm not really Santa!" Boy was this little guy one proud fella!
The Christmas Crew went to trunk-or-treat at church on Halloween and Kason enjoyed playing a few games the college students had set up. I was even surprised to see him touch a rat one witch had as a pet...
 When we got home, Kason had the hardest time choosing among all of his sweet loot which piece he wanted to savor for the night, while I gave Zoe a piece of chocolate for the first time. That girl gobbled it down saying, "yum yum" and proceeded to point with a big smile on her facing saying "mo mo"! 
The Christmas Crew would like to wish you a Merry Halloween and a Happy Holiday Season!

No comments:

Post a Comment