Friday, August 12, 2011

Just an Ordinary Day...

in the Clayton household consists of playing, giggling, eating, sleeping, laughing, and playing some more! After tweaking our schedules, I think we have finally found a comfortable daily routine for everyone.
Max has started to enjoy playtime even more as the time passes. He really enjoys tummy time and Kason likes for Max to watch him play. He even tries to help Max play with him.
Of course Kason is still getting adjusted to having all sorts of baby stuff around that he thinks he needs to try things out after Max does...
Max is also starting to enjoy bath time more. When we first brought him home he would scream the entire time, but now he just chills...
and seems to relax in the warm water. He still needs boundaries, so I found if I lay a wet towel around his legs he feels more safe and calms down.
Kason on the other hand only calms down when he is asleep! This last month his imagination has really taken over and he is starting to do a lot of "pretend" play which Daniel and I are loving. The other day he was playing with his baby and Daniel asked him what baby's name was, he gladly answered with "sister". Who knows where that came from?
Then I asked him while he was pushing "sister" around where they were going he answered, "We have to go to Walmart"! I am too excited to stay home with him daily and continue to learn more about his intriguing little mind. I just love playing with him to see what he is going to do or say next. On Tuesday when I was working on my shopping list, Kason proceeded to tell me he needed to make a list (you know, since he has to go to Walmart and all). Therefore I printed him off a page and he worked on his list alongside me...
Gotta love two year olds, especially this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment