Thursday, June 25, 2009

Family Vacation

My cute hubbie sportin' the sling! What a proud daddy!!!

Enjoying each other and friends!

Just chillin'!


This past weekend, we took our first official vacation to the mountains in Ruidoso with some friends. Now, I must admit that Ruidoso is no backpacking trip through the Rockies or peaking Wheeler in New Mexico, but hey...it far surpasses the flat, distant lands of West Texas. If you don't know, we LOVE the mountains!!! We have actually already begun brainwashing Kason by decorating his nursery in mountain decor. Daniel and I were a little nervous as to how Kason would handle the elevation change, but he was better in the mountains than he is at home. I think we have a mountain man upon us!!! We are already making plans to take him on his first backpacking trip!

3 comments:

  1. You should think about beautiful Colorado!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whew! I can't imagine how freeing that little trip was for you guys. I am so glad you got to get out and enjoy new scenery and friends. Don't you just love Ruidoso? My grandparents (mom's parents), my aunt and some of my cousins live there. Actually, my cousin, Carrie Remund, and her husband own a sandwich shop downtown. Of course the name of the shop has escaped my mind at the moment... but I digress: I sure wish I could make it over to New Mexico more often than we do. Now that we have two little ones, that's one LONG drive from Houston to Ruidoso - not sure I'm that strong of a person. ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kason probably just felt like he was still in his nursery...right at home with all the tress and chipmunks!! It's really fun watching him grow so fast in these pictures...but not as fun as seeing him in person so I'm going to have to try to make that happen soon! :-)

    ReplyDelete