Sunday, April 29, 2018

Spring Fever...

The weather has been GORGEOUS here this Spring so far. We have had some rainy days, but tons of sunny ones as well. The good kind of sunny too, where you want to bask in the sun without sweating profusely. We have been spending as much time outside as possible and are enjoying soaking up all the vitamin C.
 You know how we love our bikes around here! We've cruised with friends who stayed the night and even met other friends at the Veloway...
The kids didn't get to go to golf clinic much through the winter because of their sports, but now with this gorgeous weather they are there every Saturday morning again. I know I'm biased, but I think I have the cutest little golfers around!
 Of course you can't miss playing around at our neighborhood park during these glorious sunny days!
Kason even bought himself a remote control boat with birthday money and has loved going to the pond...
 Speaking of Kason, he is really getting more into sports this year and is wanting to play around the house all the time. His latest has been playing catch with me or Dad. It's fun to see the way he grows each year...
 One of our family favorites in the ATX is Town Lake which is a walking loop around the river near downtown. It's absolutely gorgeous and we love any chance we get to stroll and visit together.
 My littles are so good at keeping themselves entertained. I never hear the word bored come from their mouths and I'm beyond thankful for that. I love how they are always curious and adventurous to find ways to play. Zoe loves her some yoga...
 and is also my fashionista (who is always asking me to take pictures of her posing, haha!)...
and little momma! Max thrives going to school five days a week with hanging at home in evenings and on weekends.
One day our little stylist was taking turns with me brushing hair, so Max decided he wanted in on that action, haha!
 Whenever dad is gone late, I've been letting Zoe and Kason crash in my bed. Oh my, it has quickly become a favorite for them!
 I enjoy it too until I have to carry them back to their beds before Dad gets home :).
 One of the aspects we love about spring is starting to work in the yard again. I started with a new addiction to succulents indoors...
 While Daniel has been planting in the backyard. Between Daniel and farm school, these kids have a lot of knowledge about plants already.
 In fact, Kason planted this beauty all by himself the other day! He has also really gotten into yard work this year. Kason thrives on responsibility, so he loves when Dad gives him jobs to do with his hands.
 Of course there are always shenanigans that follow after hard work!
Mimi gave us a strawberry planter and little lady was able to try her first home grown sample...
 and deemed it scrumptious! One negative side of spring is that it brings all of Max's annual doctor appointments. Now I do rejoice that we have moved from the every 3 months to every 6 months to once a year...BUT it still brings long days for all my littles.
 Seriously, 3 hours appointments have us like...
 One appointment not only lasted ridiculously long, but ended with all 3 in tears after Max had to have blood work drawn to check his levels. Even with Kason and Zoe in the hallway, they could still hear him and had red rimmed eyes and tears shimmering, so I pulled the plug on school the rest of the day. We found a walk up food window, snagged us a lunch, and walked to the park to picnic.
 Then headed to the playground for the rest of the afternoon. It was just what this momma ordered since I believe time is too short with your kids to not seize the day with them. What was upsetting turned into a precious memory. We have also enjoyed time with friends and family outdoors this spring. I adore that when we meet friends for lunch, we are able to enjoy live music while the kids run around and play...
 Mimi and Doc came one weekend and we had nothing going on which was a treat. We were able to show them the SoCo district in the ATX on Friday and then we traveled to Wimberly and Gruene on Saturday...
 I'm not joking when I say we live in the coolest spot in Texas. We are 30 minutes from so many quaint areas of the Texas Hill Country. In the evenings while Daniel and I cooked, the rest of the gang played cards :)...
Nana and Pops came the following weekend and we had just as much fun! We stayed around our neighborhood this time, but enjoyed hanging outdoors together.
This life we live is pretty incredible. Daniel and I have really good kids who we genuinely like being around. 
 We are intentional about not allowing our calendars to be busy. Anytime we start to fill up, we immediately pull back. We want to cherish this time in our lives and make room for just sitting on our back patio visiting...
and shadow dancing :). As a family who loves the sun and outdoors, spring is always a favorite for my crew.

No comments:

Post a Comment