Sunday, April 22, 2018

Kason Turns 9...

It's hard to believe that our oldest turned 9 in March! I snuck into his room the night before so he would wake up to a surprise...
 My boy loves him some cinnamon rolls, so I tried a cinnamon roll monkey bread. Well, it was a total flop when it wouldn't come out...but Kason didn't care because it tasted delicious!
 
Daniel and I are so in love with our oldest son. He continues to grow and mature each year. I have really enjoyed my time with him this school year as I watch him blossom. He is a really hard worker and thrives when given responsibility. He has a HUGE heart and loves big. His new found adoration for basketball is just the cutest! Therefore, he asked for a basketball party with his buddies. We had it at our neighborhood park. Unfortunately with any outdoor parties, the wind got the best of the decorations.
Kason was pretty adorable, he got online with me and picked out all his paper goods. I always love how much he contributes to his parties! We even had to buy practice jerseys so they could play a game of 5 on 5 as well as a piñata :). 
The cupcakes were supposed to be basketballs, but I bought the wrong icing to pipe on. Whoops!
 With the wind so strong, I wasn't able to put the balloons Kason requested on the table, but we tied them down to the golf cart...which Max loved!
 The kids had a super fun time playing at the playground, eating burgers, shooting hoops, and busting the piñata!
Kason's parties have tended to be smaller since he moved to Austin, so he really enjoyed the big group that came that day. He really liked the singing (although he might not admit to it!) and opening presents from his friends...
I'm so thankful for this crew above! These are church friends and neighborhood friends (we are missing a few kids who showed up later). They are such a joy to watch grow up together!
You know we have rockstar grandparents! Nana and Pops came to party (but somehow I missed a pic) and Mimi was able to make a day trip. Happy birthday Kason...hope your big day was baskets of fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment