Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Enchanted Rock...

Fridays are meant for adventure around here since we have no school AND dad is off work, woohoo! I have an Austin bucket list we've been trying to knock out while Max is in school. So next on the list was Enchanted Rock. I've heard about how cool it is, but thought it would be a pretty lame little rock to climb. Oh no...it was huge and amazing.
 The picture above doesn't do it justice. It's not until you start climbing that you realize just how steep it really is!
I'm fairly certain the kids could have just ran straight to the top, but this momma had to take a few pit stops. My sweet Kason is our little encourager and kept on shouting "you can do it mom" phrases at me, ha!
Once we reached the top, I rested and took in the view while Zoe & Daniel wondered around and Kason broke out his binoculars...
Rather than just walking straight down like most people were doing, we decided to wonder around to a different side. We were rewarded by these really cool boulders...
 that we explored before heading down to a trail. Kason is our protector and at one point I noticed he had grabbed Zoe's hand to help her not fall in any of the crevices :).
I especially loved walking the trails and curving around to the back of the rock so you can see how steep it really is. In the picture below, the kids had climbed up another boulder...
 This guy right here was made for the outdoors!
One the way out, Kason wondered over to these signs to check out what they said. I was delighted when he realized they were about ecosystems, which is exactly what we had been learning about that week in science!
I'm telling you, this homeschool gig is legit! There have been so many real life applications that have taken place even when I don't plan them. I digress...Enchanted Rock is a must see if you are ever in the hill country. It's beautiful and a great place to take an adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment