Saturday, December 17, 2016

Holiday Hoopla...

In between field trips, Christmas programs, and the chaotic life of the Clayton Crew...we have squeezed in a few moments of preparation for Christmas! After Zoe's program and seeing Santa, we came home to write our letters to send to the North Pole and the "real" Santa :).
 Zoe is wishing and hoping for an Elsa bike (surprise, surprise!)...while Kason has his heart set on his first gaming system, a Wii U.
 I've taken the kids shopping individually to buy for each other, their favorite dad, and their angels then they came home to wrap each gift all by themselves.
I have the most thoughtful children ever! Each of them thought long and hard about what they wanted to buy everyone, they were so considerate, and even did a good job staying within their budgets. Even though I was buying the gifts, Kason still brought his own money because it was important to him to buy Zoe's all by himself...love that heart of his!I also love his silliness...
We have melting snowman and melting reindeer kits that my munchkins are obsessed with and play every single day along with having snowball fights. The Christmas shenanigans are in full swing around here! Little lady has really been into trying out different hair styles this season...
 especially braids! We received exciting mail this last week from Mimi & Doc and now the kids can hardly contain their wiggles, they are ready to go see family!
 One of our annual holiday traditions is the Clayton Express where we load up with a special treat, jam out to Christmas music, and go look at Christmas lights! *We are usually cozy in our pjs, but this year we met up with a group from church for dinner before. Earlier that day, I made chocolate covered sprinkle popcorn...
 and we headed to Rock 'N Lights in Round Rock for the fist time.
 It's a light tour where you drive through in your car. This was probably one of the best I've seen...there were several different 'lands', were modern, and up to date.
 I didn't do a good job of taking pictures because I was having fun visiting with the fam. At one point I looked back and noticed one little fella that we partied too late with...
 My favorite part of the entire tour was the end at the light tunnel and trees!
 Zoe and I had a lot to get ready for this week with all three kids having Christmas parties. We had some leftover hot cocoa from our playdate last week so Zoe thought it would be fun to make goodie bags to pass out to her friends at her party. I got everything out, she filled up the bags all by herself...
 all I did was tie the bow! She was so, so proud of herself :).
 I always bake something for the church staff that Daniel works with, so this year I made peppermint bark to pass around with our Christmas card.
 They turned out precious, so I tied on gift cards for the boy's teachers to shop at their favorite spots...
 while we gave little lady's teachers some adorable notepads. Simple, but oh-so fun!
Since I was busy baking a lot on Wednesday: peppermint bark, sugar cookies for Max's party, and I also made his class the same snowman chocolate covered popcorn goodie bags to pass out, so my favorite little diva worked alongside me playing and drawing...
 I love the busy, the preparation, the baking, the shopping, the wrapping, the EVERYTHING of this season! So much so, that I'm trying my hand at making homemade candy this year...eeek!
I hope you are having just as much delight during this holiday hoopla as we are!

No comments:

Post a Comment