Saturday, August 13, 2016

Summer Adventures #weekten

Summer oh summer, where have you gone? I don't know about you, but it feels like I blinked and both June & July zipped by. Since our summer was way more fast paced than I could have imagined, we pretty much didn't accomplish much this week. Rather than summer adventures, our week unfolded more as summer laziness :). Remember, the memories I share that are captured in pictures are only short moments from each day...a lot of our days are just normal and not exciting or noteworthy. So let's see how this week unraveled...

Zoe was begging to go to Mimi and Doc's house for a special visit since both Kason and Max have spent one-on-one time with them lately. Therefore, they swung by Austin on their way home from being out of town to grab some lunch, celebrate little lady's birthday, then whisk her off to Conroe for a couple days!
I introduced Zoe to Fancy Nancy this summer and she is loving her...what a perfect gift Mim & Doc, thanks! We took the summer off from small group, so our Sunday evenings have been relaxing family nights. Since we just had the boys, Daniel took Kason for a ride on his new {to him} cyclocross bike to get ready for racing season coming soon!
As for me and Max, well we started cooking and freezing breakfast for those early mornings that are starting to creep up on us...
 School starts next week friends, next week! So the boys and I made sure we had everything ready to go, including school supplies. You know you have an elementary boy when your basket looks like this, ha!
I asked Kason on Monday what he wanted to do with all this boy time and he said just play at home...my little homebody :). So, when sister's away, these brothers will play!
Max has really become social, more so in a way we have never experienced before with him...and let me just say, it is so stinkin' fun! As you can see above, he adores his big bro and loves to try and wrestle with him. Since he wants to be with us all the time, he has also started chillin' with me and Daniel...
 I'm not going to deny how much I love this! It beats all the slaps we get from him, his rants when he tries to break everything in the house, and his newest obsession, scratching us really hard. So I savor these moments of peace with this little man. Another quirky aspect of Max is that I think he is channeling living in a nudist colony...
 no seriously, I can hardly keep clothes on this kid! Haha! When Tuesday rolled around Kason asked if we could hit up the free kids' bowling...
These boys love them some bowling while this momma loves her some sibling bonding. Just look at that pure joy and excitement as they share these moments together!
Max acted like he wanted out of his chair, so I thought it might be fun to try his hand at bowling vertically...
he did great and really enjoyed it! I took the boys on a nacho lunch date before heading back...
where we kept up the play around the house theme. Kason got out his engineer kit that is so intriguing to him...love it! All by himself, he made a pulley and race car...
Mimi brought little lady back to us that evening and I could hardly wait to hear all about her special getaway. They went swimming, to Incredible Pizza, and had a glamorous makeover at Sweet & Sassy! Doesn't she look gorgeous with her sparkles, make up, and new mani/pedi?!?
Mim stayed the night so we could spend Wednesday sewing the girl cousins some cheerleading gear for the sidelines of football season!
Thursday we swam with friends before the usual rascal shenanigans at Max's therapy...
Can't you just see the friendship between these siblings? These goobers sure do love each other :). On Friday I was itching to start sewing again...my mom got me all fidgity and wiggly, ready to get back behind the machine. I took the munchkins for a Daniel signature move, donuts at the McDonalds playground...
so they could let some energy out before spending another scorching day indoors playing while this momma made some serious amounts of adorableness! I used some material I had already to whip out a skirt for Zoe to wear to preschool this year and a Frozen dress to help her beat the heat...
while I sewed Kason a new pair of boxers to sleep in. I'm still a beginner at this sewing gig, but I sure do love creating things with my hands! Ahhh, friends...this was our last full week of summer. We didn't do anything amazing, but boy did it feel good to sleep in our own cozy beds and sleep in every morning. {Why yes, I'm protesting the alarm until next week!} No worries though, I'll make sure our last week of summer adventure ends with a bang!

2 comments:

  1. You are getting really good at sewing! Thanks for making the girls dresses - they are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. انا احب الاطفال جلدتهم ناعمه ولا تفوح منهم رائحه كريهة

    ReplyDelete