Saturday, July 2, 2016

Summer Adventures #weekthree

Our summer fun adventures continued into week three with my little rascals as we hung out at home for another week. Let's see what went down...

Sunday: Father's Day!
I usually start with Monday, but I can't help back it up a day because we had the privilege of celebrating one of our absolute favorites...
 Daddy! Oh man, sometimes I have to pinch myself to make sure I'm not dreaming. I feel spoiled to be living the good life with this man by my side. He makes this parenting gig so much fun {see picture above}! We all adore him and are thankful for the way he takes care of us, leads us, and brings an extra amount of joy to this family. We usually celebrate on Saturday (since Sundays are a work day for Daniel), but we couldn't help sneak bake his favorite dessert while he was away Sunday evening. The kids were all grins helping me make the apple pie...
 If you can't tell, they were a little proud of themselves :)!
 We had it sitting out on the counter for when Daddy got home...and then these two had a slumber party together to start off the week!

Monday:
Brought us a lazy day around the house doing chores, playing, relaxing, and of course the kids were itching to get back into the kitchen. If you can't tell by now, my kids LOVE to be little chefs! They chose for us to make candy dots off our activity list. This was a simple and quick recipe that was loads of fun for the kids to make...
 After you make all your dots you let them dry for a couple hours and they become a soft powder type candy which they thought were delicious! You may wonder what little tooter is up to while we get our cookin' on...
 well, haha...I usually turn on Mickey Mouse for him to watch or Kidz Bop to jam out to while playing. He has done pretty well without structured days and hasn't had too many melt downs. He has moments where he freaks out banging his head or tearing our house up (literally)...
but we are slowly finding our groove this summer. We have had some really difficult moments since he is nonverbal, not able to talk to me, but the other two kids have been incredible at helping me if my hands are full and he is wanting something. We all have to work together as a team around here and I am beyond thankful for sensitive, compassionate siblings who don't mind pitching in. On a positive note, Max has been having some super chill moments that Daniel and I are totally digging!
It has been so much fun to relax and remain calm with Max rather than wrestling him...what a treat!

Tuesday:
Westover Children's Ministry puts on Crazy Praizy throughout the summer, so the little munchkins and I went to check it out.
This week we visited American Samoa so they had a splash party...
the kids loved it! Of course we always enjoy being up at the church because it gives us a great excuse to steal this goofball away for a few minutes!
That evening I had book club with some gals and when I came home late that night, this toothless fella pulled another tooth!

Wednesday:
Park day! We are trying to hit up a different park every week, so this day I took them to a park they love but don't often go to since its in Round Rock...
Play for all Abilities. It's a park specifically designed for special needs kids. Since we made the trek, I promised them the infamous Round Rock Donuts that we picked up on the way. Let's just say they melt in your mouth and I'm 99.9% certain that Max is the only person alive who doesn't love their yummy goodness!
The Clayton Clew loves this park because there are so many activities to explore like the mini-city...
We brought scooters and skate boards for the bigger kids to ride around the "streets". We spent a fair amount of time on Max's personal favorite, the "weeeeee"...
I tried working with Max on crawling through tunnels. He wasn't really sure what to think about them or how to maneuver his body within them. At one point, he couldn't figure out how to get out, ha!
Little lady and Kason just love to run around climbing, jumping, swinging...
Of course my sweet natured Kason takes such good care of Max checking in on him and playing together with him. While Max loves swings, he only likes baby swings because he feels safe and secure in them. At his therapy gyms, the swings are more like tires and he freaks out on them. Kason was so gentle and loving with Max as we worked on becoming more comfortable...
Before we left the park, we hit up the musical side of the park so that little man could drum up a good beat!
We wrapped up our morning by trying to hit up our one a day {or several a week :)...hehe} popsicle quota for the summer!
Oh how I love these goofballs and all their shenanigans they make during their free play summer days!

Thursday:
Let's just be real honest here if you don't mind, this day was an absolute nightmare...by far the worst day of summer! I was such a bad mom and was all sort of stressed as I tried to finish up laundry, pack up everyone, and make sure the house was in order before we left the next morning crazy early. I honestly had one moment that day that was an absolute blast and that was when the kids and I sewed together for the first time. On our activity list we decided to complete a sewing project together and we agreed that a pillow case was the perfect fit for their first time sewing. Earlier that week I took the rascals to pick out their fabric for their travel size pillows...
On Thursday morning, Kason helped me measure, cut, and sew his pillow case...
He was really attentive and did an incredible job! I pushed the pedal and barely had to help him feed the fabric through the machine...he picked it up quickly. He was beaming with pride over his creation...
Zoe on the other hand was a wee bit harder...haha! She did a great job trying really hard, but she is still a little young to be let loose with these items. Therefore I basically did hand over hand with her throughout the entire project.
She couldn't care less because she was wiggly with excitement and proud of her first sewing project too!
I am so thankful we at least had this one hour together since the rest of that day I was a hot mess! These few days are when I pray God's grace can transcend my crazy so that my children aren't permanently damaged...haha!

Friday: Vacation!!!
Oh man, I can hardly wait to share a few blogs on the fun this crew had in California with the Maddux side...
Stay tuned...eeek!

No comments:

Post a Comment