Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Mother's Day Weekend...

Mother's Day Weekend was an absolute treat for the Clayton Crew! It was Grandparent's Day at BCS on the Friday before, so Mimi, Nana, and Pops came for a visit! They spent the morning with Kason at his school...
and took him to lunch. We spent the evening together grilling out and relaxing at home visiting...while Zoe set up her beauty shop!
The next morning, I threw a Grandmother's Breakfast...
 I was thrilled to have both our moms in town, so the kids and I thought it would be fun to honor them. I had them fill out what they love about Nana and Mimi which we gave them...
 along with special gifts the kids helped pick out. After that, Zoe and I were attending Westover's Mother/Daughter Picnic so we asked Nana and Mimi come along...
 Visiting the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center has been on my Austin bucket list, so I could hardly wait to explore. The place was beautiful and it definitely didn't disappoint...
The children's ministry staff organized a picture scavenger hunt for us to follow as we went on our adventure. Zoe was content to run around and explore by herself and with friends...
 There was a large family section area that the kids loved. 
Like mentioned earlier, we met up with some friends while we played...then ate our picnic lunch together...
What an absolute pleasure to spend a girl's day with my moms and my little lady...LOVE!
We will be back...with our boys in tow!
Weekends like this I feel an overwhelming amount of love and blessing. I cherish my incredible mother-in-love who raised the most amazing, God fearing man who is the love of my life. She graciously welcomed me into her family 13 years ago and is an all in kinda Nana that loves our munchkins fiercely! She exudes faithfulness, service, love, and encouragement...she always has a listening ear and willingness to help anyone out...she is an extremely hard worker who gives her whole heart to every situation. What an honor to share my life and family with her as she continues to share wisdom with me on what it means to be a good mother. I also cherish my incredible mom who is the definition of love. She has taught me not just the role of being a mother, but also to embrace the fun. She taught me how to turn up the music real loud and dance along with their little feet as well as teaching me to let loose and get dirty with their little hands. She taught me how to stay strong and faithful during the difficult trials of parenting. She always has a listening ear, a willing smile, and a word of encouragement as she has helped shaped me into the mother that I am. Thank you for loving your family unconditionally and continuing the legacy of loving well with my rascals. I love you two dearly...Happy Mother's Day!!!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for visiting and sharing! It looks like you had a grand time.

    ReplyDelete