Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Hip Hip Hooray, It's Max's 5th Birthday!

Man, oh man...I have to pinch myself to make sure this is reality...our little fighter, Mr. Max turned 5! You know me well friends and know how geeked up I get when it comes to my little rascals birthdays. I spend time contemplating their little personalities and what they love before coming up with a theme. Max is our simple, easy going joyous kid so I decided to go with a simple theme...
The kids' parties are always at our house to keep expenses down, except for their 5th birthday which is kind of their big bang party. Therefore I settled on the Gymboree Gym and it was absolutely PERFECT for our Max!
We did bright colors since Max is more attracted to them. I couldn't get Hip Hip Hooray out of my mind for him because this is a HUGE celebration in our family...
one that we weren't sure at various stages early on if we would ever make it to this milestone. I just knew a confetti celebration was in order! Since he doesn't eat, we went low key with cookies (full of confetti sprinkles!) and milk...
And seriously, what's a real party celebration without sparkly hats...haha?!?
I even had large balloons flanking the ends of the table full of confetti too...
 Each kid was given a "party in a box" before heading home...
 The boxes had different sayings like Hip Hip Hooray, 5 Cheers for Fun, Let's Celebrate, and Woo Hoo Party On! They were filled with all sorts of goodies (that their parents may not have been as excited about as this momma!)...
 Silly string, confetti, maracas, kazoo, confetti poppers, party beads, and those large punching balloons (remember from when we were kids?). This was hands down the most fun I think Max has ever had in his life...
 The party was super small (since we only invited friends from his little pre-school class after over-stimulating him last year with too many people) and it was just too much fun! The kids had loads of free time to just jump around, climb, roll, slide, throw...just about anything a 3-5 year old loves to do!
In case you wondered, I think the big kids loved the party too!
 The lady leading the party had the kids circle up for a little bit to sing songs and play with maracas. Max had gone to a music class here and fell in LOVE with this place, so he was pumped when they started singing his favorite songs...
 They even sang Wheels on the Bus twice just for him :). He crawled all over the place, beat the maracas on the floor, banged them together, laughed, smiled, and just had way too much fun...
I think all his little friends had just as much fun as he did...
After more free play time...
We circled back up for parachute play...
I'm not sure if Max has ever participated with a parachute before, but boy did he LOVE it!
He kept jumping around and giggling hysterically! Last activity before eating was bubbles...every kids favorite!
When we moved into the eating area, the kids were absolutely precious wearing their party hats...
 but honestly were having too much fun playing, so they didn't stick around to eat much because they were just too busy and had to get back out to the play zone :). Love it! I can't thank Max's sweet friends enough for coming and partying with him...
and for the grandparents driving up for the day. Everything was just perfect for our little guy and I think it was his favorite day ever...
 That smile was a permanent fixture on his face during his entire party!

1 comment:

  1. Melt my heart - we love Max & wish we could have been there to celebrate with him. But I am so glad he enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete