Saturday, December 5, 2015

Donuts with Santa...

This morning was our neighborhood's Donuts with Santa and we were extremely excited to attend of the first time! Last year was our first Christmas in this neighborhood, but they had skipped last year and restarted the tradition again this year. I was asked to help and you know my party thrown' self just couldn't say no :). We had signs made to put around the entrances...
Then we set up a precious donuts and milk table for all the kids...
Our neighbor who is in charge of social events had coffee for the adults and picked up these precious Christmas decorated donuts that the munchkins flipped over...
 I knew I only had a small window for decorating this morning and let's face it, trees are not my strong suit...so I recruited my favorite neighbor Christy to style it for me...
Yeah, she totally rocked my dollar store and half off hobby lobby decorations! The dads brought our cuties over when it started and they had a blast hanging together...
Little lady of course was all about the donuts and could care less who was playing...haha!
 After our Old St. Nick fiasco on Monday night, Zoe has been talking herself up all week to meet Santa again...it has been precious to hear. Since she knew the encounter was happening again, she kept telling herself everything was alright, no reason to be scared, and she wasn't going to cry. Zoe was adamant not to sit on his lap, but she got pretty cozy!
 Monday night she wanted a watch and this morning it was a skateboard...any guesses as to who she looks up to and wants to be just like?!? I brought Max over to Santa again and this time he didn't cry until I sat him on his lap. I immediately picked him up and calmed him down...then just spent some time near Santa visiting with neighbors while holding him. I asked if he wanted to try again, but this time crawl over. He did just that...
He crawled next to Santa, looked at me with the most pitiful face, sat there for a few seconds, then crawled back. Still amazed these precious little ones warmed up to the big man in red! Best part of the morning was visiting with neighbors we hadn't seen in awhile and meeting new ones...love our community!

No comments:

Post a Comment