Monday, August 10, 2015

Summer Lovin': Week 8...

Week 8 of our fabulous summer started with our family split, which is never ever a first choice for us...but had to be done. Daniel being the 100% BEST DAD EVER :) took Kason and Zoe to Mo Ranch which is like a church wide family retreat. Daniel and I went last year and had a blast but since the kids were at grandparents, I was excited for them to get the full experience this year. The retreat/camp center is located on the river so there are boundless hours of fun to be had!
 Above is the rockin' staff that Daniel works with and below is little lady playing with one of her favorites...
Miss Ryla. You may be wondering just what Max and I were up to...well, Max played a few days with his favorite Doc!
While I was at a training for a new job I'm starting...eeek! I'm hopeful about this new adventure for me while my friends are putting me in the "crazy" category, but what's new? I'll be working weekend nights at the house while everyone sleeps...hehe! So while answering phones and doing data entry for a Radiology group, I'll also be doing laundry, meal prep, and cleaning in between. Which will leave me with my week days free to just have fun with my kids, volunteer at their schools, and take care of Max's medical needs. Now, back to what you are really wondering about...my little rascals summer lovin' adventures! The Clayton Crew all settled back home Wednesday evening. Kason visited the dentist for the fist time since we moved here. I never blogged about his first visit in Lubbock, so this momma must make up for that now :). Kason did awesome as usual during the cleaning. I took him to my dentist and let's just say...they were incredible! She almost over explained everything so Kason wasn't nervous one bit and Zoe was one curious little monkey!
(By the way, I totally styled Zoe's crazy hair that morning before we left, but sometimes it has mind of its own!) This little momma stood right by Kason's side offering support and learning all about teeth herself :)...
I'm proud to say this fella had zero cavities, his teeth were in excellent condition, and he already has another loose tooth!
Since we knew school was quickly approaching, Daniel and I went ahead and took the boys school shopping for a few supplies on Thursday/Friday. Kason picked out a new lunch box, tennis shoes (since his have a hole in them...haha!), school supplies, etc. While we were out, we let him pick out his new toy he earned for reaching his second reading summer goal, 50 books...you heard right 50 books! He has been working so hard and is really making improvements. Kason decided to add some of his kinder graduation money to the small amount he earned reading and got himself a BB gun...
oh yes, he is in little boy heaven! Can I confess, I'm not real sure where Max was in all of my random pictures from the week? He was right by my side, but somehow escaped my pathological picture taking :). In all, we had a fun week...more of an off schedule just roll with it type week. The kids and I of course had loads of enjoyment playing with a few of Zoe's new birthday goodies like when she opened up her own stylin' boutique and fixed us up!
We also had a wedding that Daniel performed on Saturday, so I was responsible for wrangling all three kiddos. I just love, LOVE the relationship these two have. At one point during the ceremony, I look over to see this...
Oh how I adore the love and protection these two share! I feel like my heart is one big ball of goo right now with all this summer lovin' we are sharing together!

No comments:

Post a Comment