Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Spring Shenanigans...

Spring is absolutely gorgeous in the hill country...warmer weather, flowers blooming, sunny days, and lots of outdoor fun! One of our new family favorites is picking fruit at Sweet Berry Farms...
The kids had a great time picking peaches on their own which we later turned into homemade peach cobbler!
Since there were still a few strawberries on the vine, Kason and I picked a few...
 Of course I forgot to mention all the rain that this spring brought, right?!? And yes, those aren't shoes on my feet :). Since we have had loads of rain, we found ways to keep ourselves busy...
 Although, as soon as the sun came out...so did the little rascals! These Clayton cuties would spend every waking minute outside if you would let them. I would say the top activity for the kids right now is riding their bike...
I can hardly keep the bikes in the garage because these two are always dragging them back out to take a quick loop around the block!
Of course, we have thrown in a little old school fun with hopstotch...
 We've also tried to meet up with friends when we can, but it does get harder with the boys being in school. But those few times when we do meet up are always fabulous fun...
Daniel loves to garden so he built these awesome planter boxes out of pallets and put the kids to work...
They have helped plant the seeds and water on occasion...
 While this crew has stayed quite busy this spring, Daniel and I have still tried to find ways for them to learn how to serve. The kids were really attentive and helped the young pro's at church with a project for the upcoming Peru mission trip...
 I even had Max help me crease down the bags!
 As for each kid individually, well they all have big personalities and bring their own shenanigans to the family. Zoe this spring is still working on her "little momma" status... 
Her favorite past time is probably hitting the pool...
but a close runner up is her love of food...
Ahhh...yes, I'm still catching this stinker hiding in the pantry trying to eat food through wrappers...haha! I will confess that I'm glad she has a precious smile...
 because her emotional status is totally rocking my world! Hopefully these mood swings even out over time. As for Max, he is still joyful as always and is great at having every single person he meets fall in love with him :). He is exploring more and more like figuring out how Zoe's baby dolls work...
One new revelation for him that is about to STRESS me out is that he thinks it is hilarious now to climb up on EVERYTHING. While yes, I'm proud that his little body has figured out how to climb...
I'm not too happy with how he has no clue how to control his body and will fall over or back off chairs/couches in the house. Of course he always gives himself away because if I'm cooking or folding laundry and I hear some serious amounts of squealing giggles, I know what that little tooter is up to! I know you are going to think I'm crazy, but the other kids have to help with responsibilities around the house, so I've recently had Max join us!
 He now has to help me transfer wet clothes to the dryer as well as put silverware away from the dishwasher :). As for Kason, well this kid is rocking the end of kindergarten and really ready for lazy summer days. He finished up football strong...
He especially loved their end of season party...
and his very first trophy...
 that is now proudly displayed in his room. Oh, how I love these zany kiddos!
 We are ready to spring into summer and see what kind of shenanigans we can create over the next three months!

No comments:

Post a Comment