Tuesday, February 17, 2015

IF: Gathering 2015

A couple of weekends ago, I had the privilege of attending the IF:Gathering at our church. I was asked to decorate the building to help "set a mood" since the conference was going to be streaming live rather than in person. You know me...I jumped at the chance :). A sweet friend, Heatherly, helped me gather everything together. I'm proud to say that between her house, her sister's, and mine we were able to pull off a precious set up with only spending money on flowers!
Now, let's be honest...the decorations are definitely not important in the big scheme of things...but us ladies sure do like to look at pretty things! I'll explain the premise behind the IF:Gathering in just a bit, but it makes more since to understand that one part of the of their focus is on IF:Tables...women inviting women into conversations about God while sharing in a meal.
Therefore, the goal was to create a "homey" atmosphere.
We even extended the beauty into our eating area...
During the conference, we had breaks to eat, visit, and even shop as the director of our local IF:Gathering arranged for a marketplace for various artisans...
So, if you haven't heard about the IF:Gathering then you should know that it was developed by several women authors and speakers last year...this was year two. Their premise is that they "exist to gather, equip, and unleash the next generation of women to live out their purpose".
 The conference was absolutely fabulous in my opinion...there were so many incredible elements throughout.
 While I wasn't a fan of every single thing that was presented or every speaker, overall I really felt that the conference brought it! 
 There was so much honesty and so much bible (enter excitement here!!!)...so often women's conferences seem fluffy or thematic, but I loved how the focus was on God. If God is real then what?
There was even a much needed discussion on racial discrimination and diversity. I'm telling you, it was real and authentic. I also loved when we had time to answer questions and discuss in groups.
 I'm still in the "getting to know you" phase at Westover and I loved hearing the hearts of women I encounter weekly. 
 I also have to say a huge thank you to my incredible husband who took care of the kids for two whole days so that I could set up, take down, and attend the conference.
I feel so honored to live among a generation of women who desire to know God more fully, to live into His presence here on earth, and to unashamedly praise His name!

No comments:

Post a Comment