Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Cupid's Cuties...

Every holiday, the first thing Cupid's cuties and I always, always do is decorate! Since I don't have a mantel at this house, we have to get a bit creative...
The boys didn't have school for two days last week, so I decided to have some Valentine's activities for my little loves to get them in the mood for the big day coming up. I had already planned several things for mommy school with Zoe, so I tweaked a few activities to make them more challenging for Kason. We started off with number recognition and counting with Zoe...
 Zoe, Max, and I have been practicing this skill the whole month of January...
 Max knows right away when we begin counting because even though he isn't verbal, he always tries to mimic me counting on my fingers :)...
You can see him concentrating hard! For Kason, I made simple addition and subtraction problems for him to solve...
 We would find the solution using our conversation hearts, then he would write his answer...
 We also practiced colors again with Zoe and Kason was sweet enough to help her out...
 While knowing colors is obviously a skill he learned years ago, sorting is still a good skill for him to practice...plus I love to see him "teach" Zoe. For alphabet and name recognition, I had the kids spell out their names in hearts...
 Kason really enjoyed this activity while Zoe was a bit scattered :)...
We also made our Valentine's for grandparents...
 by water coloring love and then removing the tape...
 I also had the boys go ahead and make their Valentine's for their teachers. As you can see, Max thinks coloring (and throwing the markers) is pretty fun...
His turned out quite precious I think!
 Of course, if you know the Clayton cuties very well then you know we absolutely LOVE our play dough. Therefore, I made some chocolate play dough...
I emptied out cheap chocolate heart valentine containers and the kids had fun making their own chocolates...
 Kason worked really hard on making sure his chocolates were just perfect...
 Max isn't a huge fan of play dough, but he did really enjoy smelling it this time around...
 Mmmm...a kid after my own heart...I love chocolate :)! I did find that he enjoyed pressing down a cookie cutter into the play dough if I would get everything ready for him...
While these may not have been edible chocolates, the kids still tried to give their chocolate valentine's to dad anyway!
 While the boys were at school one day, Zoe got to make love potion :)...
 We filled up the bath with pink water, bubbles, hearts, and I threw in several cooking tools: spoon, whisk, measuring cups...
As you can see, she loved every minute...
 For Mr. Kason, I turned some of his homework practice into a bit more fun...
 He had to match the first letter of his sight words to the ending...
What joy to have the opportunity to spend time playing and learning...
with Cupid's Cuties!

No comments:

Post a Comment