Wednesday, December 31, 2014

A Year in Review...

2014 was a year of new beginnings for the Clayton Crew. We started a new adventure together by moving to a new town, Daniel began working at a new job, Max was released from being home bound as well as no more oxygen!, and the boys started school for the first time. 
The year was also filled with an indescribable amount of moments with pure fun...
craziness...
and laughter...
There were so many times where I was just plain exhausted trying to keep up with these munchkins...

 there were times of frustration where I felt like an epic failure in the parenting department...
but in the very next moment...in the blink of an eye...I would melt to see these three siblings come together as friends. They would be fighting one minute, then best friends giggling up a storm the next...it's enough to drive a person to the insane asylum...oh, but it's glorious and beautiful! Every day, I get to witness my little loves teach each other...
like Kason showing Zoe the Wednesday night routine of taking your boots and bibles to church :). I get to witness these little souls show an overwhelming amount of compassion to their special needs brother...
They are gentle with him, nurture him, take care of him with wisdom beyond their years...
and he learns so much from their teaching and guidance.
These three siblings are becoming best friends, and my prayer is that their relationships continue to grow with each other and within the Lord. Not only am I continually blessed with amazing children, but I'm way out of my league when it comes to their father.
This man would move mountains for this family, for these rascals. 
 He embraces fatherhood whether its singing silly songs with Max, tossing the football with Kason, or painting little lady's nails...
 This man is filled with God's love and bestows it upon this family daily and these children are called blessed because of it.
 Our youngest, Zoe Grace, has had a year full of emotions. She has started really developing her personality and preferences (especially in the fashion department)...
She is sassy and spunky with a definite mind of her own!
 Zoe is fiercely loyal and loving when it comes to her family...
 and has truly become the "little momma" of the house. Mr. Max has had an incredible year of growth. Most days Daniel and I almost don't recognize him any more...
 His developments are never ending lately and are happening in ways we didn't think we would experience for many more years. I feel honored to be apart of his testimony of God's healing power! As for our oldest, whom I don't think I can call little man any more...Kason.
 He is our strong willed, stubborn, full of life little guy! Kason is ALL boy, very imaginative, and can't get enough of the outdoors. He is also our protector...
 He would do absolutely anything for his brother or sister...even though he may pester them like crazy in the same breath :). 
 I honestly can't imagine a better helper or oldest child than our servant hearted Kason. He will drop everything at a moments notice to help me with the "littles" as we call them. I must confess that he is the glue that holds us together when we go out into public...
 He helps me keep an eye on everyone especially since little lady has a tendency to run off and strip down at random moments :)...
 and yes...to answer your question...I do frequently look like a crazy lady when I'm out and about alone with these three. But, I wouldn't have it any other way!
Being a mom to these superheros is the best role in this life I could have ever dreamt about. So as days end, months end, years end...I look back with a watery smile and sigh. These have been some of the best years of my life and no matter how exhausted, how full of love, or how full of failure...I want my crazy Clayton Crew to know they are adored. Not just from me, or family, or friends...but from our amazing creator who daily, monthly, yearly showers us with his grace and mercy. May we end this year and start a new one knowing that God lives within our hearts and homes. May we go forth allowing Him to use us for His work within His Kingdom...even if a few of us are a little zany and may possibly be wearing our dress up clothes ;)!

No comments:

Post a Comment