Monday, November 10, 2014

Esprit de She Duathlon...

A couple of weekends ago when the munchkins and I spent the weekend in Frisco, I participated in the Esprit de She Duathlon that I started racing in last year. This year though, I recruited a few race mates!
Last year this race marked a huge change in my life where I started working out and began a healthy eating lifestyle. I am sad to say that through the transition and move to Austin, I have really fallen off the bandwagon and put back on some of the weight I had lost (not all of it though!). This race yet again, has helped gain my motivation back! I didn't have as much free time to train this year, so my sister joined my team and we relayed together...
She ran the first and last two miles while I biked the 9 miles in between. Another fun relay team that raced alongside us was my mother & sister-in-law, Nana and Michelle!
 All four of us had a great time that morning sharing in the spirit of women celebrating being active together! We especially loved crossing that finish line with our own cheering section...
 I must confess that I didn't race as well as I had hoped...
but finishing up to a huge smile and hug of one proud son definitely lifted my spirits!
A massive thank you goes out to my mom, Mimi, for driving up to help out with the three little rascals so I could race. Another thank you goes out to Nana for the most precious shirts she had made for the kids!
They all said Mommy's Biggest Fan :).
 I always love how family friendly race days are. The cousins were all smiles and giggles playing around...
especially when they could get their hands on mommy's medal! I will say this race was a big hit and we are already making plans for next year. My personal goal is to attempt the long race which is run 3 miles, bike 18 miles, run 3 miles. Either way, I look forward to continue being an active mom with the support of the three amazing women I am privileged to call family!

1 comment:

  1. Loved doing the race with you! Let me know if you need another partner next year, otherwise I will let you conquer the long course by yourself :)

    ReplyDelete