Monday, July 21, 2014

Wedding Weekend in Amarillo...

Last weekend, our crazy crew drove up to Amarillo to celebrate with Daniel's family as his cousin Allison got married. You know us, we had to throw in as much adventurous fun as possible while there...hey, what can we say...we like to have a good time :). On Friday the guys had all the kids and they went to an airplane museum that Kason LOVED...unfortunately I don't have any pics to share of my little pilot. The girls spent the day at a bridal brunch/lingerie shower (which I'll share pictures in another post) and got to get mani/pedis with the bride and her entourage!
That evening we joined the family at Allison and Nate's rehearsal dinner...
The hotel we stayed in was nice because it was downtown and within walking distance to several of the wedding venues. Of course the kids didn't care too much about the wedding events, they were more excited to hang out with their Nana...
and Pops...
Saturday was our action packed day of fun where we started off by viewing this really cool RV museum. My family didn't ever really camp, but this was a big part of Daniel's vacations growing up.
So when I saw it, I knew it was a must to check out...and it didn't disappoint...it was fascinating.
There were RV's and motorcycles from every decade, plus loads of other neat antique memorabilia.
After that, we took the kids to Cadillac Ranch to let them tag a few caddies...
I mean, you can't visit Amarillo without viewing this strange, unique artwork...
Zoe and Kason had a blast...
but we did keep Max and our nephew Thane pretty far away due to the fumes. I had to head back to lay the littles down for a nap, but the rest of the crew experienced another local Amarillo attraction...
The Big Texan! Kason enjoyed it because his food came in a cowboy hat which he has really been into these days :). After the day of fun, it was time to get gussied up for the main event. The wedding was held at the beautiful Botanical Gardens in Amarillo...
This was our first time to attend a wedding with all three, and they surprisingly did well.
Max loves the outdoors, so he was in a good spot...
and of course Zoe is always happy when she is receiving all the attention (little diva!)...
After family pictures (Aunt Michelle, DB, Thane pictured below)...
we finally entered the super fun portion of the evening...the eating and dancing!
Let's just say that my three munchkins and I dance regularly around the house. Sometimes we shake our booty while other times I two step with them around the house. Therefore, they were ready to hit the dance floor when the music came on! Even Nana and Pops got out of the dance floor to shake their groove makers! One of my favorite moments (besides dancing with my hunk) was when he danced with his very own little lady...
*sigh*...melted this momma's heart! Daniel and I had a great time catching up with family...
Aunt Debra (above), Aunt Sandra, and all of the cousins...
A big shout out "Congrats" goes to the happy couple Allison and Nate...thanks for allowing us to join in on all of the wedding festivities and fun!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like y'all had a fun weekend! I have been meaning to check with you so I can hear all about it :) It was fun seeing Thane because I haven't seen a picture of him in a while & I love the pony tail Zoe is rocking!

    ReplyDelete