Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Summer Shenanigans...

Let me just let you in on a little secret, staying home with three rambunctious little ones will really wear you out...but here is the kicker, they are so much fun! Sometimes I do wish I could bottle their energy and drink it myself just so I can keep up :). These Clayton cuties have still continued to get outside everyday...
 although it has lessened to just early mornings and evenings since it's already pretty hot. Therefore, we have been finding ways to keep ourselves busy indoors during the hottest part of the day. Kason has always been my little artist. So one of his summer musts was to design his own shirt...
 When he saw that I had fabric markers, he was itching to put them to use! If he isn't watching a movie while the littles have nap time, then he is usually by my side working on some sort of project...
If Zoe isn't having too crazy of a day then I'll let her join in on the art fun. The only problem with little sister, is that she thinks it is more fun to paint or color her body than the paper...
Of course, I have planned a few things away from the house but Kason knows that he has to really pitch in and help me out when we are out and about. He is such an incredible big brother and has really stepped up to the plate to lend me a hand...
 it's not always easy wrangling three kids by yourself :). I took them one day to Terra Toys, this really neat local toy store to play around. Zoe was hilarious because she found a shopping cart her size, walked around the store to check out items, and then loaded them up ready to head out!
Thankfully she didn't break down when she had to put them all back. As for Kason, he was excited to spend some birthday money...
He bought his first (play) gun and even proceeded to show me how to shoot all the deer that were hiding out in the store. Of course since then, we have had some gun safety reminders...
like no pointing or shooting at people...only animals that we will eat! I'm sure you are wondering about cutie-patootie Max...
well, he is still hanging out with us doing fabulous. He has come so far and we couldn't be more proud. He is trying to spend most of his days sitting up now which is a HUGE accomplishment and something we've been working on for a while. He especially loves to hang out by the first stair flapping the pages of books...
As for little lady, well she is definitely running me ragged! She is a firecracker that's for sure. She is really into stuffed animals and baby dolls which will frequently dine with us...
 sleep with us, or take a stroll around the house. I love seeing her sweet personality when it comes to being a little momma! On the other hand though, she can be a quite the little stinker. She has figured out how to open all the doors and will randomly decide to go outside and play all by her little lonesome...or open up the cabinets and start pouring soap all over the floor...or I don't know, find the only marker (which happens to be permanent) that mom forgot to hide and color ALL OVER HERSELF...
oh you know, no big deal...it's just that I'm standing right by her while all of this is happening. She has super fast speed and within 30 seconds can get herself into a whole heap of a mess! Between her and this one...
 it's a wonder how I stay sane all day :). Thankfully I have one mellow kid who just wants to sing silly songs, rock, and play with his toys...
I think my favorite part of summer, has been watching Kason get to spend more time with his friends. I love, love, love his little buddies that he has bonded with here...
 it's fun to see him take off without so much as a "goodbye mom". I'm also thankful that as a family, we have started making friends. Of course you have already seen loads of pics and hear me talk about the Mullens all the time, but we've also started getting plugged in with other families as well. We were even invited to a Round Rock Express game and had a blast!
 Between all three families, there were 8 kids running around all 5 and under. Of course, they were more interested in goofing off...
and play together...
than watching the game, but it was fun to connect with other families. You can't even begin to understand how much we have missed out on life outside the walls of our home and community with other families from having a child that is homebound. We have really enjoyed the freedom we have experienced and are soaking up as many summer shenanigans as possible. So watch out...
 because you really never know what we are up to...or how we might dress for that matter :). Yep, a traveling circus just about fits us!

No comments:

Post a Comment