Tuesday, February 21, 2012

French Quarter at the Clayton House...

Since we couldn't go to New Orleans, I brought a little slice of the party to the Clayton house! We let the good times roll by making masquerade masks...
The munchkins designed their entire mask completely by themselves, I cut everything out and glued the pieces together. As you can tell, Addy was all about the sparkle! They even had Daniel join in the fun while working out...
he sported a few Mardi Grass beads! To top off the evening, we dined to Mardi Gras jazz music while feasting on Jambalaya, which the boys loved! I am not a seafood fan, so my guys unfortunately don't have the luxury of enjoying seafood or Cajun food very often...therefore, I thought today was the perfect day to break out and spoil them. Kason couldn't get enough shrimp and sausage, but I must confess that dinner couldn't compare to...
a New Orleans staple food...beignets! It was my first attempt at making these homemade desserts and I'm already confident there will be a repeat...they were too delicious! While we couldn't party it up in Louisiana, the Clayton Crew sure did enjoy our tame version of livin' it up jazz style!

1 comment:

  1. Your such an amazing mom! Love seeing all the fun y'all are having.

    ReplyDelete