Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Bribing at Its Best...

So, Kason has been ready to potty train for quite some time, but due to Max's situation we have held off since we live part-time at home, part-time at the hospital. This past week we thought we might start introducing a few key essentials for potty training before we really dive into it. Right now we let him go whenever he wants and aren't too concerned if he says no. We just have him in Pull-Ups until we really get going. We are waiting until Max gets home so that way I don't have to worry about him regressing and then cleaning up accidents for two rounds instead of one! So far, he has really done well...the first day we tried he went 4 times...not bad for just testing the water. Kason gets excited about his singing potty...
he loves it! When he gets off to wash his hands, it starts singing to him so we dance along and we clap our hands while usually shouting...it is way too much fun...who knew potty training would be enjoyable? (Of course we haven't went strictly to underwear yet, so I am sure I will be whistling a different tune real soon!) After the excitement, he starts yelling "M&M" since that is his reward...
Daniel and I have never really bribed him, but boy does it work like a charm! Sometimes he will say, "Momma, I want an M&M"...then I proceed to tell him he has to go potty to get one and before I know it he is running to the bathroom stripping clothes! And yes, he gets an even tastier treat for the other business but we haven't yet attempted that one...he is holding out until he is forced to...little stinker. Kason's last step is passing the football down the Red Raider field on his potty chart that I made...
We are starting this for the next round...the undies! Once he scores a touchdown, Daddy and Kason are going to get a little prize together! I will keep you guys updated on how he does...wish us luck!

*Oh- almost forgot. I have to share a little story from his first attempt at using the potty. He kept saying he wanted an M&M that day and we don't really give him sweets, so I told him if he used the potty he could have one. We got situated and it took him a few minutes, but he finally looked up at me and said "Momma, go get those M&M's!"

No comments:

Post a Comment