Saturday, March 26, 2011

Two Months Old...

Max has now reached the 2 month mark and is weighing around 4 pounds 12 ounces...inching closer to 5 pounds everyday!
Max is already a social butterfly. Whenever the nurses even think about leaving the room to attend to another baby...Max starts setting off his monitor! He loves to listen to people talking in his room, likes it when people sing to him, and enjoys listening to his praise baby cd.
Max has a strong personality already...he isn't quite as compliant as Kason was in the NICU. He lets those nurses know what he wants in a hurry! He doesn't like to stay in one position for too long, can't stand to be wet, and still loves to stretch out those bony legs.
One of my favorites is that he loves to touch his chubby cheeks...
which of course I just want to kiss!!! Also, if you notice Max gets to wear clothes now which is really exciting for momma because I get to dress him up on bath days! Since Max has grown so much, his ventilator tube was too small and he was having trouble receiving the right amount of pressure and oxygen...therefore he was squeaking like a mouse! While I enjoyed listening to him make noises, it was better for him to change tubes to a larger one. I left my camera with the nurses and they were sweet enough to take a picture of Max for me without any tubes!!!
Isn't he just precious? This is the first time I have ever seen him without anything and I am cherishing this moment. And yes, if your wondering how he compares to his brother at this age...they are practically identical. We will soon have twin little rascals running around the house!

*Update: While I am still trying to channel the inner gladiator by calling him Maximus, he is still not quite completely catching on! He is growing amazingly, his brain hemorrhage is beginning to heal, his acid reflux has gotten a little better, he is pooping way more than his big bro ever thought of, and he is tolerating his increase in feedings...but we just can't seem to get his lungs to work well too. He makes me laugh because sometimes he just looks at you with a funny expression that says, "Really, you want me to do all that and breathe?"...like we are asking to much of him! Daniel and I still thank everyone for checking in on our peanut, but ask that you please continue to pray for his respiratory system so he can eventually get off the ventilator and his lungs can begin to heal so he can come home and beat up on his brother!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, even in the pics he looks bigger. Of course, that could be because I read your post about him being bigger, but still...

    We'll be praying for him to be breathing on his own soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I continue to pray for Max and his family--all of you! I appreciate your updates and Dianna's e-mails; they help me to focus my prayers and ask for specific blessings.

    Julie Browning

    ReplyDelete