Monday, April 20, 2009

Taking Off


The nurses have been telling us that once Kason begins to take off, he will soar! This past week, Daniel and I have been able to see Kason not just soar but take an express jet in growing and maturing. Kason is now weighing in at 4 pounds 13 ounces...almost 5 pounds!!! He has also grown 2 inches measuring 18 inches total. He is free of the nasal canula and breathing on his own. Kason is also bottle feeding up to 4 times a day and will hopefully begin bottle feeding every meal starting this week. The nurses seem positive that if he continues to do so well, we might be able to bring him home next week. We are trying not to get too excited, but are celebrating his progress he has made this past week. Daniel and I can hardly wait to bring our handsome fellow home!

8 comments:

  1. Wow!!! That is amazing news!! I can tell from the picture how much he is growing. I'm sure there will be no feeling in the world like putting him in that car seat for the first time and heading home! Hope he keeps attacking those bottles and growing like a weed this week! Love ya'll!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nana Clayton saw Kason this weekend. His progress from the last time we saw him (3 weeks ago) was amazing!!! Pops (Louis) and I got to hold him. That is the most precious experience in this world. He is such a sweet little miracle from God.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have been keeping up with you all along. We are so glad he is taking such leaps. I know you can hardly wait to get him home. We are so glad you started this blog so we can keep up with all of you. Mom and I hopefully will get gifts to Dianna before they come out next time. Better take advantage to sleeping all nights before he comes home. Love, Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy cow!! He is wasting no time preparing to be a star quarterback, huh??? Go, Kason, go! What a champ. We will pray that the Lord continues to surprise and bless your sweet family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! With all those tubes gone I can really see what a handsome little fellow he is. It is such fun to watch his progress. Thanks for sharing with everyone. We continue to pray for your family. Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful! Some answered prayers, we will be praying hard for the next week and his continual improvement!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats Nat! I know that you are so ready to have him home. We're praying that he keeps growing and getting stronger!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lantz just informed me that Kason will get to go home tomorrow! What a blessing. I am so excited for you guys. I am however a little mad that I had to find yalls blog all on my own. We had no idea that yall were blogging! I've added you to my roll so that I can stay posted on all things in your life. I'll continue to pray for Kason.... blessings, peace, and love...

    ReplyDelete