Tuesday, August 6, 2019

July 2019...

July was a really fun month for the Clayton Crew! Kason and Zoe were gone for the first part with Nana and Pops in the mountains, so Daniel and I had really great one-on-one time with Max. 
We really had a hard time with the kids not being with us on the 4th. Daniel and I never realized how much we actually do for that holiday, but now we know! We had friends over the night before for a good old fashioned fish fry...it was loads of fun!
 Daniel and I squeezed in a mini-date even with Max as the third wheel :). We went walking around Town Lake (which is a favorite of ours)...
 followed by Pitch and Putt (a 9 hole course downtown) where this momma won!!
 When the kids returned, I whisked them away to Galveston for a days before returning for a VBS at the park. Daniel and I helped work it while these kids had too much fun participating!
 One family Friday, we took the kids to the Austin Bouldering Project. It's been on my Austin bucket list and definitely worth the trip!
 The kids were natural climbers! Even Max wanted in on the action!
 Our sweet friends, the Dishman Family, invited a couple families to join them on the lake in Marble Falls for the day. It was gorgeous weather and fabulous fun!
 Zoe went to another VBS with Iyla one week because the girl can't get enough of VBS, ha! Iyla spent several afternoons with us. This was one of my favorite moments I caught...
 Kason got to use his birthday gift card to take a friend to Urban Air. This crew lived it up doing a ropes course, sky rider zip line, and jumping on trampolines...
 Our sweet piano teacher that we loved next door moved, so the kids started an online class. I even have Kason taking the lessons and he has caught on well.
 Right before Kason left on his special 10 year old birthday trip with Mimi and Doc, our pool finally reopened after being closed all summer. The kids were pumped about free snowcones and free food!
Max really wanted a sleepover in Kason's room (or so Kason said), so we let him! I had to move him into his protected bed once he fell asleep, but it's so fun seeing him do typical kid things!
 While Kason was gone, I got to have a lot of little lady time!
I signed her up for her favorite cheerleading camp that week with two of her friends from the neighborhood, Ariel and Lily. 
 I'm not sure if she will follow in her momma's footsteps and cheer in high school, but right now this girl is all about it. She is constantly flipping and cheering around our house. She did really well at her showcase...
 and Max whole heartily approves of her cheering decision :)! He clapped and rocked right along to the songs.
 The day before my birthday, my sweet, sweet husband offered to watch the kids all day. I drove up early to meet my mom and sister for a day in Waco! I started the morning by enjoying breakfast with my parents at the Magnolia Table followed by hitting up the silos. The food was crazy delicious at the restaurant and while I enjoyed my experience shopping, I'm not sure if I'll return. It was totally worth it though to see the beauty of what all Chip and Joanna have accomplished.
I saved these cupcakes from their bakery for my birthday treat and they were amazing!! After shopping around town, I met up with my family and our small group for the Austin Summer Musical at Zilker Park. This year it was the Little Mermaid and it didn't disappoint!
 Every summer I always have a sewing day with the kids. This year they chose to make aprons since they have outgrown theirs. They were adorable choosing their fabrics at the store and even finding a special patch to put on it. This was the first year Zoe was really into it. So much so, that she didn't want to stop so I drew lines on paper for her so she could practice.
 Daniel had Kason working on a project outdoors which I always enjoy seeing! Since he is into getting into archery, he made his own holder for his arrows to practice at home.
 This momma has been working hard on meal prepping for school! My goal is to have about 3-4 weeks of freezer meals before I start.
 Even with all the activity, we still had several days of relaxing around the house or at the pool.
 One day Zoe wanted to make a fort. It started out really small, but after Kason joined...
 it ended up taking over the living room! Our kids aren't on electronics much, but this day they hid out and watched movies. I would sneak snacks and meals underneath the blankets. They were so cozy and had one of the best days together.
 One of our friends invited Zoe and I to dinner and dancing downtown for her birthday gift. We had a few extra minutes, so we used that time in Ulta trying on ALL the products.
 It was pretty adorable. We ended up having one of the most epic fun girl's night ever with Rhythm on the Stage at the Long Center. Dinner, Beyonce choreograph dance party, stunts on the ballet lawn, milkshakes, and a bazillion smiles. 
I think Charis and I had just as much fun as our littles shaking our groove thangs!

No comments:

Post a Comment