Sunday, September 30, 2018

Summer Shenanigans...

July found the Clayton Crew at home all month. We had a great time playing around the house and soaking up the lazy days of summer!
Kason really got into leather working. He was given a couple of kits and was so proud of his work on his knife holder...
He of course can't ever spend too much time with his legos!
and his salt gun shooting down flies that snuck in the house!
Little lady is still all about pre-tend play with her baby dolls and stuffed animals.
 Kason and Zoe LOVE to paint, so we invited friends over one rainy day to paint with us!
We made homemade popsicles and snow cones all summer long. 
I just love watching these two together. They are have too much fun.
 We got rabbits in July...Nibbles and Leah.
 Daniel and Kason built this rabbit hutch. Unfortunately, Leah passed away from the heat so we took Nibbles indoors until it cooled off. Nibbles is now back outside in her home.
I even bonded with Nibbles. She is the sweetest!
I'll be honest, I never thought I would see the day where I would let a bunny hop around my house, ha! Zoe went to cheer camp for the first time and had an absolute blast. She is always cheering and flipping around our house now :).
 While she was at camp all day, Daniel and I snuck some time in with the boys. Daniel and Kason went golfing and towards the end Max and I joined them to ride around.
 We also took the boys bowling one morning which Max loves!
Zoe also went to ballet class this summer. While she enjoyed herself, it couldn't compare to cheerleading and gymnastics.
This crew spent loads of hours at the pool trying to beat the heat. One evening the club had a movie night which was too much fun! We of course didn't stay too late since we knew the movie would traumatize our littles.
I wish I had more pictures of my Max. He is always with us. His summer was better than they have been in the past, but honestly he isn't a fan. He would much rather be in the routine and schedule of school. He did find that he enjoyed being in his wheelchair around the house. He realized he could wheel himself around and I think found freedom and independence in that.
The kids still stressed him out by playing with toys around the house and basically just living, haha! He loves everything picked up and put away...
it doesn't matter where, just as long as it isn't on the floor. The last few days of July, the kids went to grandparents house. While they were away, Daniel and I had a fun little stay-cation. We went to the gun range and had way too much fun.
 Daniel took me to Luckenbach and Fredericksburg for my birthday. We had a great time together!
Since this was my last month at home, I cherished every moment. I made sure I soaked up these summer shenanigans with my crew and enjoyed each one.

No comments:

Post a Comment