Sunday, September 30, 2018

End of Sweet Summertime...

August kind of went by in a blur for me. I went back to teaching and had 3 weeks of training before school started. The kids were home with Daniel while I worked, but also spent one week at Mimi and Doc's house. We managed to squeeze in a little fun still. Big news for little lady, she lost her first tooth!!
 The kids begged for a sleepover and I finally gave in. Every time we try sleepovers with Zoe, she ends up going back to her room...but this time she was determined :).
 After working all day, I sure did enjoy coming home to hang with my crew!
 Our chickens finally started laying eggs and boy are they yummy!
One morning, we went to the Wildflower Center and enjoyed the outdoors together.
 The kids even tried edible plants!
 Their favorite spot of course is the building area. These two could build all day if we let them!
 While preparing for school, we made snack bags for their backpacks.
 We also went skating for a friend's birthday!
 Daniel and I had one of the biggest scares we have had while parenting. We were all outside together  one evening when Kason started crying and running back to us from down the street with blood everywhere. We showered him off and headed to the ER. What was scary is that every minute or two he would look at me and ask what happened. I would tell him he was in a bike crash and then the cycle would start all over. Sadly, the picture below doesn't showcase just how bad he was beat up.
 He had a head scan and thankfully everything turned out negative. We ended with only having a broken finger, beat up face, concussion, and he lost one of his permanent front teeth. It could have been much worse! Kason was a trooper the entire time and stayed calm. I was really sad that this happened exactly one week before school and was nervous for him to start a brand new school with a face so beaten up with a black eye. God miraculously healed his face so that you could hardly tell! 
 I think one of the best parts of August was that Daniel started his sabbatical. He's been in ministry for 13 years and Westover gave him 6 weeks off paid vacation. This man of mine selflessly decided to take it as I started back at work so it could ease our transition. He pitched in taking care of kids, cooking, helping me get my room ready, taking kids to therapy and Dr appointments...just about anything I needed help with. He was only home one full week with the kids, so he had 5 weeks of days completely to himself to relax and rejuvenate. So thankful for a church who realizes that ministry is all encompassing and chooses to take care of their ministers. I'm even more thankful for a husband who works hard for his family and faithfully loves us.

2 comments:

  1. So proud of you Natalie! Thanks for sharing your heart and love for your children (and for Daniel)! So blessed by you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great picture of the 2 of you!

    ReplyDelete