Thursday, August 24, 2017

Sweet Summertime...

There is no denying how much this crew of mine digs the sweet summertime. We love sleeping in every morning and deciding what we want to do that day while eating breakfast. We were home most of the summer with a few trips sprinkled in (mostly in June). We've really enjoyed our time together!
We went to a few Kraizy Praisy's at the north campus. The kids really enjoyed meeting up with friends, the petting zoo, magician, train ride, and especially the donkey ride!
 We went to a few weddings like we do every summer...
 The munchkins aren't crazy about them, especially the dressing up part...
but Zoe's eyes do twinkle a little bit when she sees the "princess" as she calls the brides as they walk down the aisle. Daniel and I have wanted to check out the bats flying out at night from under the bridge, so we finally took the fam.
It was truly fascinating to watch and the skyline was beautiful. This summer we've painted nails...
 dressed up (a lot)...
 participated in a few crafts (dying pasta here for 4th of July necklaces)...
 tried to figure out what we could get into with all the monthly medical supply boxes that Max receives :)...
snuggled on the couch to watch movies (and maybe snuck some ice cream too!)...
hung out on our back patio that Dad built...
and swam...

 crazy amounts! There is a golf course in the neighborhood we are adjoined to and Daniel snuck in a few rounds of golf. Being the awesome Dad he is, he would always let someone ride with him and then I would meet them half way and the kids would switch.
 Both Kason and Zoe are going to a free golf clinic every Saturday morning at the same club and they are just in love with golfing right now!
 Well, they are the cutest golfers around!
 Little lady got her teeth cleaned for the very first time and rocked it!
 We saw a few of our favorites this summer. Sadie and Sophie for a night when picking up Zoe's bedroom furniture at my parents...
we hung out with our sweet friends from Lubbock who came to town...
 and took our college friend, Anthony all around Austin!
 Daniel and I hosted a little lady's night with our new church at our house...
where we painted nails, snacked, and watched The Parent Trap. For the guy's night out, I loaded up snacks and gatorade while they played a game of kickball at our park. Summer isn't always the easiest with Max...but I'm so proud of him this summer. It always makes me sad that I don't have as many pictures of him as the other two, but I promise he is always with us! June was a little difficult honestly, but July and August was so much better. I say all the time that out of my three munchkins, this little tooter is by far my jokester! He is always trying to make us smile and laugh in some way. One of my favorites...his comical sad face!
 I also love how much he adores his dad. Our Sunday mornings have been super lazy now that we go to church on Sunday evenings, but thanks to technology we've been listening to him do his thing at the north campus!
I'm sure you can tell, but I just love my little family. We have loads of fun together whether we have big plans or if we just hang out at home. It's the small things that make our summertime so sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment