Friday, March 11, 2016

Martin Luther King Jr. Holiday...

Back in January...(oh yes friends, I'm playing catch up!)...the kids had a Monday off for Martin Luther King Jr. Being the teachin' momma that I am, I couldn't help myself from sharing a lesson with them. Martin Luther King Jr. is such an incredible role model and his story is definitely one to be told. Therefore, Kason read a book to us telling us his story...
Then we watched a short video and heard clips of his famous "I Have a Dream" Speech...
 Kason is really into history right now, so he soaked up every minute especially when we talked about and researched pictures about segregation and the Civil Rights movement. I gave each of the kids a little bowl of m&ms and had then pull out one of each color and bite them in half. We talked about how God created all of us to look differently, but we are all still the same underneath...that He loves us all the same....that He doesn't see color, race, or ethnicity.
 Then the kids made their own "I Have a Dream" cloud where they had to share a dream for what they would like to see in their future...
I just adore their sweet, innocent spirits who just want everyone to play together nicely and to make new friends :). Love them!

No comments:

Post a Comment