Monday, July 6, 2015

Kid Free Week...What?!?

So, I'm going to be real honest here and confess that I'm not the type of momma who lets her kids go a lot of places without me. I'm more of a let's be together as a family kinda gal :). But...every summer as a kid, my parents sent me and Shaye to both grandparents' house and I loved it as a kid! I still have memories today of those special trips each summer. Therefore, Daniel and I have vowed to do the same with our kids...even though it is torture for my momma heart. I will say though, this was by far the easiest time I have ever left them which leaves me lots of hope! After we dropped the kids off in the middle of the night, Daniel stopped for a caffeine refill and found this...
so I kinda had an inkling that this week was gonna rock...and rock it did! This was the first time Daniel and I have been in Austin (at home) kid free. Let's just say that sleeping in your own bed at night, waking up to no little rascals as alarm clocks, not having to plan anything, cook any meals, discipline, parent in anyway just reminded us of pre-kid days. Basically, our days and nights were full of endless exploring possibilities which was pretty fabulous!
 Daniel still had meetings and went into the office here and there while I had to do laundry and a few house chores, but for the most part we just played. I got pampered with a pedicure while hitting up loads of shops I've always wanted to pop in ranging from local dives to antique stores to children's boutiques (my weakness!). Daniel and I had several gift cards saved up and ate amazingly the entire time trying out new dishes. We even went to a couple of movies, went to travel trailer dealerships dreaming of vacations and camping with the kids, and paddled boarded down the river...
I can't even begin to describe how refreshing those five days were! We had so much fun talking, laughing, reconnecting...so much so, that we even took our time on the way to Bowie. Daniel was so sweet that week saying yes to my every whim that he even took me to the Magnolia Market in Waco (for any of our Fixer Upper fans). Even though we loved every minute together, a part of our hearts were still in Bowie and could hardly wait to love on our munchkins again!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad y'all had a great week together with no kids. Every parent deserves a break every now & then :)

    ReplyDelete