Monday, August 4, 2014

Camp Mimi and Doc...

where cousins go to become best friends! While it is extremely difficult for me to leave my littles, I strongly believe it's important for my kids to develop close relationships with their grandparents...and there is no better way than getting to spend a few days at their house sans parents! My mom was adorable because she even sent the cousins invitations in the mail addressed to them...
which of course Kason was pumped about. Now that we live closer to my parents, we met them halfway in Brenham for the drop off...
My sister handed off our niece, Sadie, the day before so the cousins could reunite...
they were so excited to see each other again! The original plan was for all three kids to go to Camp Mimi and Doc, but Max had a rough week that culminated in a rough, rough morning during our drive. Therefore, we ended up keeping him with us because I wasn't sure why Max was feeling so bad and took him in to be checked out. Thankfully he was fine, I think we have just pushed him too much this summer and he was over-stressed with all our traveling. Anyway, it ended up working out that my parents had more flexibility with the kids' activities. Daniel and I enjoyed receiving all the updates and pics throughout the weekend! It was the first time my parents took the kids to church by themselves, so Mimi had to doll them up with some glamorous nails first :)...
I think these two twinsies are going to be besties one day for sure!
I'm betting this was a flashback for my mom having two little ladies around again. For the most part, Mimi and Doc stayed home with the kids and played around the house...
They spent a lot of time outdoors relaxing on the hammock, having a bubble party...
and bean bag toss...
I even heard there was a mean game of Go Fish that happened :). Mimi and Doc did spoil the kids by taking them to a neat pool/park area...
which Kason absolutely loved!

Zoe wasn't too much of a fan of the splashing water and slides, but loved swimming around...
And who can resist a snow cone after having so much fun in the sun?
Mimi and Doc also treated the kids to Incredible Pizza for some grub and a few rides...
I believe Camp Mimi and Doc was definitely a success!
I'm excited to see these relationships grow through the years and the memories that will be made at Mimi and Doc's. These cousins are so fortunate to have incredible grandparents who love and play with them on their level...not to mention all the spoiling that takes place :)!

No comments:

Post a Comment