Friday, May 9, 2014

Splish, Splash...

This morning the kids and I were headed out to the park for a little fun in the sun. As we made the turn to park, I saw a few little eyebrows shoot up with excitement at the amazing site of water shooting around and dancing at a local splash pad. We didn't have splash pads in Lubbock, so this was very intriguing to my little ones. Therefore, I told them to ditch the park we were headed to splish and splash...with our clothes on and all!
I mean, who really needs bathing suits and towels anyway right?!? We stripped Kason down to his shorts which didn't stop him one bit...he had a grand time, running all over the place! I pushed Max around, splashing through water, under the little fountains, and even close enough to stick his hand under a stream of water...he also seemed to love it!
I think little lady may have had the best time of all! There was a section with little fountains that she thought was the greatest invention ever...
She stayed there the whole time, pouring water on herself and any other friends who came along.
She was just a little bit proud of herself :)...
Apparently splish, splashing is a tough job because Max fell asleep towards the end of our fun...
I must confess that I'm pumped to find these little jewels around town because it's a good way for the kids to cool off while being a safe place I can take them by myself. Plus, after seeing the joy it brought to these rascals faces we will definitely be working this into our weekly schedule!

1 comment:

  1. Saginaw is building a splash pad right near our church and I cannot wait!! We loved going to the Frisco one last summer!!

    ReplyDelete