Sunday, December 1, 2013

Giving Thanks...

Thanksgiving this year was pretty low key and extremely relaxing. The Clayton Crew headed to Conroe to spend a few days with Mimi and Doc, but were sad that my sister and her family weren't able to join us since their newest bundle of joy will be here soon. Even though it was small and intimate, it turned out nice to not have a whole lot going on but to just to get some lovin' in...
and some much needed play time!
Of course we had our usual traditions of watching the parade and then football while the meal was being prepared, but the kid's entertainment was brought to us by an empty box thanks to Mimi!
 Kason took special care to decorate his home and even gave himself an address of 8910 Ninja Turtle Lane Road :)...
 While my mom made us a delicious Thanksgiving meal, I was granted the task of making dessert. I was extremely excited, but nervous at the same time because I haven't ever been given this monumental opportunity before! I made a coconut cream pie (2nd time only) and a pecan pie (1st time) which I was a newbie at...I even made the guys promise to lie to me if they weren't any good since I couldn't promise them the scrumptious pies they are used to with Nana and Mimi.
I even had everyone share (including the guys) what all they were thankful for and we wrote them on turkey feathers.
I think my favorite of Kason's was when he smiled at me sheepishly and said his pirate blankie that he sleeps with occasionally. My favorite adults' thank you was for growls and scowls...since both our boys growl constantly while little lady scowls at everyone :)! After our meal, we headed to the rehab facility my grandmother, Mama, is staying to visit.
Kason enjoyed decorating Mama's window...
while both these munchkins went on a wild ride in Mama's wheelchair :)...
 A few other favorites from the weekend was going on my first Mommy/Kason date! We went and saw Frozen together...
 At various parts of the movie, Kason was so into it that he was dancing and talking to the characters to show off his Frozen shirt that Mimi got him. (He was pumped that he had on the snowman who he insisted is named Frost!) It is incredible and we both highly recommend it...especially if you add in some popcorn and a coke!  also got to play golf twice, once with Doc and once with Daddy...
 Max of course crawled all over their house, even attempting to sneak in a little splash time with the dogs' water bowls...
 Even though we did a whole bunch of resting and relaxing, I was able to get a little Christmas shopping in while Mimi hung out with the grands.
 The Clayton Crew yet again has so many blessings to be thankful for this 2013 year. Our hearts are  full of love and gratitude for our family, for our friends, for our heath, and most definitely for each growl and scowl that our munchkins give us everyday!

No comments:

Post a Comment