Monday, May 20, 2013

Controlled Chaos...

I know, I know...you are probably having withdrawals from my little rascals aren't you? Well, maybe you aren't...but this momma definitely is after Daniel sent me away for a much needed weekend with my girls! It was a rejuvenating, uplifting weekend full of laughs, scrumptious food, a movie, tad bit of shopping, and loads of girl talk until the wee hours of the morning...just what the doctor ordered for all of us ladies. But now after being gone, I just have to gush all over my munchkins and share another installment of the controlled chaos of our lives captured by the IPhone this past month...
With this beautiful warm weather, we are definitely spending as much time as possible outdoors. One of Kason's most favorite things to do right now is swing...well maybe I should clarify his version of swinging. He doesn't want a leisurely sway back and forth...oh no, that would be way to boring. He wants to be pushed so high that the swing nearly does a full loop around the swing set...oh- boys! Kason love, loves his swing set so we have even had a few picnics on the fort :)...
Our indoor activities have been focusing more on working with our hands like building forts using our dining room table to camp out... 
or little man's slight obsession with play dough...
or his love of destroying and/or taking everything apart...
Hmmmm....suspicion always arises whenever it is just too quiet around here. Of course what do I capture, a smiling little man who has taken every single knob off each drawer so I can't open them anymore...little stinker! But,  Kason's softer side makes up for everything especially when he plays with his baby. I know some dads might freak over that, but in our house we embrace it. I love to see the nurture come out in little man as he creates a whole baby set up all by himself, lays baby Yaya down, sings to her, and covers her with his blanket. He will sometimes to do this in Zoe's room and shut the door then proceeds to tell the rest of us we need to be quiet because Yaya needs her nap :).
I think we have a good father in the making...following in the footsteps of his incredible father. He also shares the love of Texas Rangers Baseball with dad. So much so that the other day he was adamant that he needed a shirt for the season, and he needed to buy it with his own money...
I told him rock on, so we picked one up together. He carried his wallet in to the store, picked it out all by himself (even looking for the correct number for his shirt size), and paid the cashier (with a little guidance). Kason was just slightly proud of himself...
Since dad rides bicycles and works on them quite a bit, Kason can hardly wait to jump on and try a few spins all by himself...
He keeps telling me that one day he is going to ride with his daddy and go real fast too! Of course Kason is one amazing big brother who constantly plays with both the babies, so much so that they both adore him and watch his every move...
One day during nap time I kept hearing all this giggling coming from the boys' room. So I tip-toed over and peaked through the crack to see this...
Kason had climbed into the crib with Max and was playing with him. Max had so much fun that he kept trying to climb up Kason...
As for Mr. Max, well he has been his usual chipper self...
That is until you try putting on his new trendy accessory...
Then he's like, "What are thinking woman? Leave me alone!"
To say that Max loves his bed is the understatement of the century. This kid would spend all day in it if you let him...he plays, bounces, giggles, beats the rails with his toys, and most recently...
he started crossing his legs while chilliin' just like big brother! I've been having so much fun seeing all the similarities between the boys as Max is getting older. But my most favorite, is Maxers genuine love of life...
That's right, the love of life where he tries to create adventure races between his sister to see who can go through the obstacle of toys in the living room to get to the kitchen the fastest!
These two munchkins are a glorious handful! I love cooking dinner with these cuties right by my side...
As for little lady, well she is just up to no good with all her preciousness...
that is until she puts on a show with her new face!
That's right Donald Duck, watch out for this little missy :)! Zoe is so funny because she is incredibly social that it sometimes takes her a bit to go to sleep. We often hear her babbling away until she finally zonks out. One night I went to check on her and found her passed out in the midst of playing...
silly girl! The other day, Kason and I thought it would be fun to see how she would react to a baby. Oh boy was she ever excited...
she is all girl as she tried to hug her up and slobber kisses all over! I definitely think this little lady will be expressing her imagination through "mommy" play...
While our life may be a little messy, our love overflows as Daniel and I navigate parenting three little rascals who make our lives a beautiful chaotic masterpiece!

No comments:

Post a Comment