Tuesday, September 4, 2012

First Day of Preschool...

There was one excited little man at our house this morning when he woke up because today was the first day of preschool! 
 I made a special breakfast to kick off the big day before the cuties were whisked off to school...
Kason is going to a different school this year and so I wasn't sure what to prepare for when I dropped him off this morning. At Superkids (our church's preschool) he would cry almost every time last year...I think due to the instability he dealt with during Max's extended vacation in the hospital. Often times he was dropped off by different family members and picked up by a completely different family member, so I think the unpredictability created high anxiety and bad memories for the little man...he even currently struggles with being dropped off for bible class at church. Well, let me just say...no worries today friends! I think this fresh start in a new environment is just what the doctor ordered for Kason because he marched right on in to class, found his seat, and started working on his puzzle without a fuss. He even left me with this goofy face as I walked out the door...
 He was still beaming by the time we picked him up this afternoon, so we decided to take the kids to get a special treat at the Holly Hop Soda Shop...
and yes friends, my little man has started posing for me without my prompting...it is hilarious! Kason wolfed down his very first ice cream cone all on his own...
 while Miss Emma shared some scrumptious Cookies and Cream with me...
 These two cuties both had a great day...
as well as this mommy who was able to get boat loads done with two less kiddos around...I must confess I do love preschool probably just as much as they do! The Clayton Crew looks forward to another fun year of learning while making new friends along the way at Sugar and Spice!

No comments:

Post a Comment