Tuesday, April 14, 2009

First Bottle Feeding

God is good! We have been praying, along with our supportive family and friends for Kason's continual growth and yesterday was an answer to our prayers! Kason was finally taken off the c-pap and has on a nasal canula, but it is only blowing room air not oxygen. We took family pictures with a photographer and he not only cooperated with us, but he posed fabulous! The best part of the day was that we were able to start teaching him how to bottle feed at two of his feeding times. He did amazing...a lot better than we ever expected. Both times he was able to eat more than half of his bottle, which is awesome for his first time! We are so proud and thankful for his continued progress. Daniel and I can't thank everyone enough for prayers that are being sent on his behalf!

5 comments:

  1. That is amazing that he is doing so well with the bottle feeding!! My little cousin that was just born had some trouble with that but finally got it down and got to come home on Easter...so I know from that experience how exciting each little step of progress is! He's a smart little guy!! And I just love his little peach fuzz head in that picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy Shaye sent me your blog address so I can look to see updates...as I do think of you all often. I am thankful to hear that his is rapidly improving, as you are too, Natalie. Love the pictures- he is adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greetings from Conroe. Many prayers have been lifted in behalf of your family and i can see many have been answered. I am so happy that Kason is growing and doing well. WOW 4 lbs. Nat and Daniel I know you two will be awesome parents and will teach little Kason to love Jesus. Can't wait to meet that little guy in person. Just wondered has his grandpa bought him a UT outfit yet? i know you can't wait to get him home and start a normal(?) life with your new little family. love to all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet Kason, we think of you and pray for you often. Sounds like you are truly Superman (and your mommy is definatly Superwoman)! What a beautiful baby you are. (your daddy would probably rather me say you were "handsome") Little boys are SUCH a gift, and I can already see the many ways you are blessing your family. Can't wait to read the next post to see how much you've grown and your newest milestones.

    ReplyDelete
  5. how sweet! wonderful news on the bottle feeding, and I can't wait to see family pictures! We love you all!

    ReplyDelete